Shift: Monday-Friday 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
- Manages an individual collection route / queue of accounts.
- Maintains a professional and customer friendly manner with each account.
- Maintains knowledge and compliance with all FDCPA and state laws.
- Handles incoming and outgoing calls efficiently, professionally and knowledgeably, by following the appropriate scripts when necessary.
- Writes and responds to email(s) to and from businesses.
- Negotiates account resolution based on the client's parameters.
- Promptly identifies disputes and ensures proper resolution.
- Communicates in writing and verbally (in person/or via phone) with supervisors and managers.
- Frequently reads and interprets information in written form and from a computer monitor regarding clients, consumers, policy and procedure, laws, and company memos.
- Operates various equipment and computer systems requiring manual and visual dexterity and hand/eye coordination (i.e. typing/keyboarding).
- Promotes effective working relationships and works effectively both as part of the department team and cross functionally with other departments to help achieve department/company goals and objectives.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned by manager/supervisor and as time allows.
- Previous telephone customer service experience is required
- Effective typing skills (50 wpm+)
- High School diploma or GED
- Pre-employment screening
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.