Sr. Customer Solutions Specialist - required travel between Baltimore, MD or Horsham, PA offices. Monday - Friday
The Sr. Customer Solutions Specialist is focused on working with our largest key customers to assess operational needs and work with Commercial Sales to create appropriate plans and implement them. They act as the operational point person for our largest, and key new accounts in regard to assuring that these accounts have a flawless startup experience operationally such as: Laboratory Testing & Services, IT connectivity, Billing and Pricing, Patient Services (Phlebotomy, Logistics and/or Field Processing) with Quest Diagnostics. Assuring an overall outstanding experience as a new Quest Diagnostics customer during the transition from their previous laboratory will secure our business going forward through a clear project plan. In addition, this person will be responsible for leading a staff of 10-15 direct reports.
This person will work with key top accounts at the BU and manage the “at risk” business to successful saves. They work collaboratively with Commercial Sales and are a liaison between all of Quest Diagnostics’ services and our key customers.
They will coordinate activities that maximize client satisfaction through personal contact and in-person presence at the go live for our largest and most complex customers (examples: health systems or managed outreach) as well as for our largest current customers with serious concerns or challenges in doing business with Quest Diagnostics. They are to monitor the client’s registered service failures in regard to the timelessness, and appropriateness of the functional groups’ response. They interact with each of the functional groups to analyze chronic service failures and create and implement process improvements and corrective actions. In addition, they proactively evaluate customer needs and requirements and create optimal service delivery options for our key customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Commercial Sales as soon as the target customer has been identified as a candidate for this process. Learn from all parties involved what the value proposition is that has been presented to that customer as well as their key needs to assure a seamless transition. Understand all aspects of the Customer from the Sales Director, Commercial Sales Representative, TSS, Billing and Patient Service perspective.
- Develop a strong working relationship with all functional leaders and stakeholders involved through regularly scheduled meetings.
- Evaluate all information received and create a start-up plan based on what is learned. That plan will include a key communication strategy, including leading regular calls during the client set up and launch process with other key leaders to assure our operational readiness.
- Schedule and conduct initial training sessions for key customers. Conduct follow-up or retraining sessions, if necessary. Travel could be about 5% of the time if a client visit is necessary.
- Set up and assure monitoring of strategic accounts through the monitoring process. Review outcome of monitoring daily during the first 45 days.
- Contact clients in regard to start up progress and/or issues and ensure that resulting resolution and follow-up activity meets their expectations. Solicit and resolve other outstanding issues or concerns.
- Customer Retention
- Evaluate all information received and create a start-up or “risk-repair” plan based on what is learned.
- Analyze any chronic service failures and interact with functional group to develop initiatives designed to improve service levels and prevent reoccurring defects.
- Access the need for, and develop the tools, to access the whole customer picture.
- Attend “At Risk” conference and Daily Ops Call as needed to report resolution of any events for the key customers involved.
- Review Client Problem Tracking module or other client problem reporting mechanism for at-risk accounts and coordinate action(s) between functional groups to resolve At Risk issues in timely manner.
- Review the timeliness of the functional group’s response. Notify the functional group immediately if the turn around time goal is exceeded.
- Review the root cause description and appropriateness of the functional group’s corrective action. Notify the functional group if resolution is unclear, inadequate, and inappropriate or if documentation is required. Work with group to develop effective action plan. Monitor and track implementation and progress
- Visit or conduct conference calls with client accounts and at-risk clients to ensure that resulting resolution and follow-up activity is satisfactory.
- Solicit and resolve other outstanding issues or concerns.
- Present recent achievements, ongoing activities and performance to established goal(s) at regional meetings.
- Ensure total compliance with all company policies and government regulations. Maintains required documentation.
- Manage other projects/responsibilities as assigned by director.
- Education Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in a Life Science, Business, Customer Relations or related field, or equivalent combination of education and extensive relevant experience.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years of successful customer service experience including responsibility for investigating, analyzing and resolving customer concerns.
- 2+ years of supervisory or leadership experience.
- Clean driving record required
- Direct customer contact skills
- Must have a strong understanding of clinical laboratory operations
- Proven Project Management Skills
- Overnight travel required.
- Broad understanding of the laboratory business and its service requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated effective, Strong writing and composition skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proven problem solving skills with the ability to develop appropriate resolutions
- Strong, effective presentation skills in group setting.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and create change
- QMS (Quality Management System) Certification preferred
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focused
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Decision Quality
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Strong PC and QLS system skills including experience with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications (MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Access)
- Strong Understanding of our Laboratory Products and Services to include:
- Information Technology knowledge to include: Care 360 Experience; Interface exposure
- Pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical process understanding including specimen requirements and processes
- Knowledge of Phlebotomy functions, services and requirements
- Knowledge of billing system a plus
- Client Visits
- New Client Onboarding
- Client Attrition %/$
- Number of clients At Risk
- Number of days at risk
- Internal Customer Satisfaction
- External Customer Satisfaction