Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Integrity, confidence, discipline, and commitment define your career in Battelle’s National Security Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service, and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we’re creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing real-time cyber solutions. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our National Security Global Business is currently seeking a Cyber Project / Program Manager with a strong technical background in Software Development and Reverse Engineering. This position is for full-time work in Chantilly, VA. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package will be provided. Relocation support is available.
- Defines program requirements that identify all elements of cost, schedule and technical performance. Examines teaming options and completes teaming agreements. Identifies and plans for system management requirements and controls relative to the project. Leads development and refinement of the program Work Breakdown Structure to a level sufficient to identify all the work required for project completion. Directs estimation of project costs. Leads proposal development and capture management efforts.
- Manages cost, schedule and performance. Implements project change management and control. Establishes project performance metrics that ensure successful completion of the project. Exercises control of project variances through root cause analysis and correction using tools such as Earned Value Management. Assesses the project impacts of scope, schedule and budget change requests and takes requisite action. Ensures that the project is maintained within the scope, budget and schedule of the baseline agreement and changes the baseline when appropriate client directed changes are approved. Often manages or coordinates the activities of third parties who may be external to Battelle or “home” business unit to contribute to project success.
- Recruits, selects, and negotiates with product line management to build a project team. Continuously assesses strength of team and makes changes as required. Structures work of the project team to enable members to effectively use their talents, experiences, and skills to achieve common team goals.
- Proactively communicates with clients to ensure they are an integral part of the project for clarification of requirements and regular assessment of implementation progress. Builds relationships to sustain and expand business opportunities. Influences client opinion on future project direction. Stays informed of the customer’s business plans and priorities and aligns and integrates Battelle resources with the client’s needs. Identifies high growth/value opportunities for Battelle with the client and establishes opportunity development capture plans across Battelle. Positions Battelle to win follow on programs. Provides sales support to the business development function.
- Collaborates with the Business Development staff to establish overall proposal strategies and themes which clearly differentiates Battelle from other potential providers of service. Coordinates the selection of proposal team member organizations (strategic partners, sub-contractors, universities, product lines, etc) and the efforts of the proposal team to formulate an offering that persuasively presents the project approach that meets the client needs and documents the value created for the client by this approach at a competitive price.
- Impacts contract negotiation activities and has a strong working knowledge of contractual issues relative to the project being managed relevant to scope of the work and scheduling and subcontracts.
- Prepares and presents presentations to internal management and to internal and/or external customers to provide reviews and updates on technical aspects, cost, and schedule.
- Directs project risk planning. Applies processes and procedures to identify, analyze, classify, prioritize and manage program risks to formulate a risk management plan that assigns responsibility, determines approaches and specifies mitigation approaches and contingencies in the risk management process.
- Integrates safety policies and regulations into the project plan. Directs the process of early identification, analysis, reduction or elimination of hazards. Directs development of program safety measures and implementation of standard workplace safety practices, to mitigate injuries and foster a healthy work environment for staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field of study
- 10 or more years of experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical area
- At least 5 years of project / program management experience
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Experience with modern software development philosophies (Agile, Scrum, XP, etc.)
- Exposure to the design and development of cyber systems
- Proven ability to work with competing priorities
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to possess and maintain a security clearance
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business or related field of study
- 10 or more years of project / program management experience
- Experience working inside of government or military offices
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers