The Cybersecurity engineer will be a member of the Systems Engineering team with the objective to ensure that Treatment Delivery System products are protected from cybersecurity threats throughout the entire life-cycle. Your focus will be to support cybersecurity related activities within Systems Engineering team and work day-to-day with cross functional teams to build Security & Privacy into our products.
* Help identify and implement solutions to effectively address security & privacy challenges
* Ensure security is built into the solution/design, define security requirements
* Perform threat, vulnerability, and risk assessments for Varian product, work with engineering teams to design and prioritize mitigating solutions
* Create, maintain, and document security baselines with help of relevant tools/guidelines
* Support comprehensive security assessments (e.g. Product Penetration Testing), analyze and capture results
* Improve the security of workflow and tools used in providing services (e.g. installation, trouble-shooting, remote access) and product support
* Provide support during security incident response
* Prefer candidates with a deep knowledge of cyber security and hands-on experience with relevant tools/methodologies.
* Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity or related discipline.
* Experience with Python or Powershell scripting.
* Experience with computer networking and related tools.
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with fluent written and spoken English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.