Cyber Security and Computer Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working as a Cyber Security and Computer Engineer, you will be the support person for various Energy Service engineering projects in Process Automation Energy Industries (PAEN) in Houston, Texas, providing technical details, costs and deliverables for sales proposals.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering Manager, you will be part of the Automation team in United States (US) local division of PAEN. This position will be responsible for the delivering Cyber Security solutions and Automation systems for the Energy Industries.
- Identify and deploy ongoing Distributed control system (DCS) system strategies for security and developing engineering application standards for Symphony+ and 800xA product lines
- Support projects within PAEN region with security implementation, project design reviews and direct contract support
- Perform installations of hardware and software in several environments including Windows based servers
- Install, configure, administrate and troubleshoot different ABB 800xA and Symphony+ platforms
- Establishing and configuring system networks (using different network topologies & VLANs (Virtual Local Area Network) comprised of servers, workstations and communication devices, including network switches and firewalls
- Deploy standards for Information Technology (IT) asset monitoring and control network assets monitoring
- Physical and electronic setup and alteration of computers and system networks to meet customer and contract specifications
- Work with Sales & Proposal teams and project teams to specify the correct IT equipment including servers, workstations, network switches, which meet the customer requirements and industry standards
- Provide training to technical individuals within the team and to customers
- Up to 30% travel for site commissioning activities and sales support
- Bachelors degree in Engineering with minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in IT systems and cyber security
- Prior experience working with ABB Industrial Control Systems is a plus
- Experience administrating Information Systems, virtual environments, cloud systems and cyber security
- Understanding of Windows configuration and administration, operating system fundamentals and network components and infrastructure including networking hardware and networking theory
- Understanding of virtualization, routing and firewalls
- This position is available in Houston, Texas and no reimbursement for relocation is available for this position
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/ disability accommodation.
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.