Cytotechnologist- Miramar, Florida - Monday to Friday
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
1. Microscopically examine and diagnose gynecologic and non-gynecologic slides for infectious, pre-malignant, and malignant disease processes.
2. Perform all duties as required by CLIA. These duties include, but are not limited to, the daily documenting of interpretations to include the total number of slides screened and the total number of hours spent screening.
3. All other duties as assigned.
1. Maintain specimen integrity and patient identification of all samples examined.
2. Enter and/or report results into the laboratory information system, as applicable.
3. Maintain confidentiality of patient test results in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
4. Adhere to and document required quality control activities.
5. Comply with all corporate, safety, quality control and quality assurance standards.
6. Comply with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations
7. Participate successfully in required training and competency assessment.
8. Participate successfully in a CMS approved proficiency-testing program annually, as applicable.
9. Acquire and document required number of continuing education hours annually.
10. Perform other duties as assigned, (e. g., specimen processing, data entry) to include performing and documenting quality control rescreening, if qualified under CFR 493. 1469
1. Meet CLIA requirements (CFR. 493. 1483).
2. Meet state licensure requirements, if applicable.
3. Meet ASCP requirements for Cytotechnologist (if not certified prior to employment, must pass ASCP registry within one year of start date).
4. Liquid-based cytology training/certification (Thin Prep and/or Surepath), preferred.
Bachelor's degree in clinical lab, physical, or biological science. CT (ASCP) eligible or registered.
1 year minimum; 3+ year's clinical lab experience preferred.
-Must be conscientious and thorough.
-Ability to concentrate at the microscope.
-Able to work alone and handle stressful circumstances.