Cytotechnologist - Miramar, FL - Monday-Friday
1. Microscopically examine and diagnose gynecologic and non-gynecologic slides for infectious, pre-malignant, and malignant disease processes.
2. Perform all duties as required by CLIA. These duties include, but are not limited to, the daily documenting of interpretations to include the total number of slides screened and the total number of hours spent screening.
3. All other duties as assigned.
1. Maintain specimen integrity and patient identification of all samples examined.
2. Enter and/or report results into the laboratory information system, as applicable.
3. Maintain confidentiality of patient test results in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
4. Adhere to and document required quality control activities.
5. Comply with all corporate, safety, quality control and quality assurance standards.
6. Comply with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations
7. Participate successfully in required training and competency assessment.
8. Participate successfully in a CMS approved proficiency-testing program annually, as applicable.
9. Acquire and document required number of continuing education hours annually.
10. Perform other duties as assigned, (e. g., specimen processing, data entry) to include performing and documenting quality control rescreening, if qualified under CFR 493. 1469
11. Personalized Concierge service to aid in work/life balance.
1. Meet CLIA requirements (CFR. 493. 1483).
2. Meet state licensure requirements, if applicable.
3. Meet ASCP requirements for Cytotechnologist (if not certified prior to employment, must pass ASCP registry within one year of start date).
4. Liquid-based cytology training/certification (Thin Prep and/or Surepath), preferred.
Bachelor's degree in clinical lab, physical, or biological science. CT (ASCP) eligible or registered.
1 year minimum; 3+ year's clinical lab experience preferred.
-Must be conscientious and thorough.
-Ability to concentrate at the microscope.
-Able to work alone and handle stressful circumstances.