MV Transportation is the leading public transportation contractor in North America. We seek a DBE Compliance Specialist with who can develop MV's new Supplier Diversity Program and DBE Protégé Programs. This position is a member of MV's Procurement Department. This role serves as a liaison between procurement, maintenance, operations, business development, and any other key stakeholder organizations.
- Responsible for DBE Compliance Program administration, planning, project development, implementation, and monitoring.
- Develops RFP and is responsible for developing solicitation material and scopes of work/quote forms for individual sales projects
- Defines functional and technical requirements
- Reviews and tracks all historical usages and consumption
- Benchmarks current pricing
- Recommends award and negotiates contract terms and conditions based on input from Legal
- Assists in the assessment, interpretation, and integration of DBE regulatory requirements and contractual obligations.
- Develops, implements, administers, monitors, and evaluates policies, procedures, and programs to ensure that MV locations comply with applicable DBE contract provisions. Such provisions comply with client and contractual requirements and appropriate local, state, and federal laws.
- Performs solicitation, outreach, documentation of all DBE participation, GFE (Good Faith Efforts), and goal achievement.
- Responsible for MV's Mentor Protégé program, where MV works with selected DBE firms to coach and mentor them in different aspects of DBE development, including finance and budgeting, recruiting and hiring, proposal preparations, sales material development, and quality assurance, etc. Responsible for recruiting and assembling training and coaching resources with the MV organization to complete required mentoring.
- Identifies opportunities for and leads outreach activities to recruit potential DBEs to increase DBE contracting opportunities and the pool of available DBE organizations.
- Analyze, summarize, and support the implementation of regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders to ensure successful collaboration and alignment of regulatory requirements and operational areas.
- Report critical statistics and trends of monitoring functions to compliance leadership for risk mitigation and improvement opportunities.
- Report potential risks, non-compliance, or alleged violations.
- Collaboratively identify potential gaps in operations, procedures, systems, and improvement opportunities to meet regulatory or contractual obligations.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in public administration, supply chain, business administration, law, or a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a related field or other highly regulated industry is required.
- Minimum of (2) two years of experience in a sourcing or procurement role.
- A minimum of one (1) year of regulatory or legal research experience is required.
- Ability to review, interpret, and explain legal contract requirements.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and ability to interpret applicable regulations and contractual obligations.
- Ability to develop and coordinate informational meetings on DBE/EEO programs.
- Strong communication skills, including high-level writing and editing skills, the ability to speak publicly, and the ability to explain complex information.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a high level of professionalism, and the ability to establish effective working relationships with key business partners.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of multi-task computer operation in Microsoft Office, including expertise in Excel, Word, PowerPoint as well as agility in Microsoft Teams.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.