Under the supervision of the station manager, duty manager, or lead mechanic, GSE Mechanics are responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on ground support equipment and stationary equipment such as tugs, vehicles, loading bridges, stationary air conditioning units, baggage conveyor systems, ground power units, water cabinets and other equipment in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Performs preventative and routine maintenance such as oil changes, replacing/adding coolant and fluids, brake and tire changes, etc. on ground equipment.
- Performs minor/major repair of ground support equipment such as carburetors, starter motors, alternators, batteries, radiators, hydraulic drive components, diesel engines, etc.
- Transports vehicles to be repaired by driving, towing or pushing vehicle into service bay.
- Inspects parts and/or motor vehicles to identify defective or broken parts, proper fluid levels and general wear.
- Troubleshoots problems with ground support and stationary equipment.
- Ensures tools and equipment are maintained in an effective, safe working condition.
- Receives work orders and obtains the necessary tools required for the repair.
- Completes work orders and provides status on any "open" work orders.
- Orders parts, stocks parts and maintains inventory with accurate record keeping.
- Keeps work area clean and free of any safety hazards.
- Assists GSE Mechanic (Skilled) as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
This description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Particular functions, tasks and requirements may vary or be added depending upon the location and operational requirements. The text on this site does not represent a contract of employment and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.