The General is seeking an experienced Data Analyst who is able to identify, define and employ an analytical strategy to proactively and reactively support data investigation to join our team for a 6-Month Contract.
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement in the ranks – if you’ve got the ambition. (Just don’t try and achieve the rank of General –there’s only one of him!) The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.Responsibilities
What You'll Do
The Data Analyst III provides data and reporting to aid in business decision making for the company. You will be primarily responsible for validating requirements, performing analysis, designing, programming, testing, documenting and supporting assigned projects to drive Data Services enhancements and changes. Responsibilities include:
- Acquires and utilizes technical and/or application knowledge to independently produce deliverables and recognizes the possible outreaching impact of each proposed change.
- Creates and maintains complex ETL processes from multiple data sources.
- Responds to questions, researches / resolves issues and/or coordinates resolution of issues to complete project work and provides technical support for Data Services Team as a whole, including high impact production issues.
- Defines tasks, gathers estimates, and assists in prioritizing work.
- Defines and develops appropriate quality control monitors to validate data loads from disparate data sources.
- Reviews project specifications to gain understanding of project goals and objectives and to determine an efficient and effective way of implementing the project in a timely manner.