Data Analyst - Internal Audit
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation’s leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing.
Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry; we take pride in ensuring that all Clayton homeowners receive a high level of customer service from the time they visit one of our Home Centers all the way through to the time they take ownership of their new home.
The Internal Auditor – Data Analytics will assist in developing, implementing, and executing data analytic solutions on behalf of the Compliance and Process Internal Audit teams. This includes helping in the creation of automation tools to support the audit function, as well as special projects in coordination with business partners across the enterprise. The position will play a key role in advancing data analytic competencies within the organization by leveraging business data derived from various sources to conduct trend analyses and visually represent associated risk trends. The position will also assist with a variety of professional internal audit work, including operational and compliance engagements that focus on tvalue creation and preservation.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The focus will be to support Internal Audit with data analytics by:
- Learning the underlying business processes that create data
- Locating and scrubbing data from various sources
- Filtering and analyzing data
- Interpreting data for decision making
- Presenting data in a meaningful and visually compelling format and with the appropriate business context.
- Compiling and analyzing data to identify trends, variances, and inconsistencies.
- Communicating progress, any issues and results to management on a timely basis
- Collaborating with management to co-develop appropriate reporting and action plans
- Completing projects on time and within agreed upon plan
- Conducts testing to identify and correct issues
- Providing audit project support by carrying out data analytics request as assigned
- Uses query and reporting tools to gain efficiencies in fieldwork through automation
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and process levels
- Completes training to develop and transfer skillsets
- Fulfill ad-hoc reporting requests from the Internal Audit team.
- Perform other duties as assigned including management special requests
- This position may allow working from home or a remote location
- Collaborative, practical approach to interactions with business partners
- Experience designing and using computer assisted audit techniques
- Experience reading and interpreting SQL or developing test plans using Sequel Server Management Studio and T-SQL
- Delivered valuable insights by developing custom analytics and reports using ACL, IDEA, Tableau or other analytic software
- Experience conducting independent research and applying the information learned to tasks
- Proficient in Excel and Word, including advanced formulas and features
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of management and staff
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple deadlines, complete tasks timely and follow up as needed to complete projects within time and schedule budgets
- Professional, well organized, thorough, committed, urgent, and a resourceful problem solver
- Self-starter with ability to work under constructive supervision
- Experience adapting from working in a team environment to working individually
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or college. Major in Business Analytics, Accounting, Finance, or related area a plus
- Applicants with a family member employed by Clayton (or other relationship presenting a conflict of interest) may not be considered.
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804