The General is seeking a Data Engineer II to join our company.
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement, if you’ve got the ambition. The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.Responsibilities
What You’ll Do
As the Data Engineer II you will collect, store, process and build business intelligence and analytics applications within our data platform. You will leverage open source technologies like Spark, Python, Hadoop and cloud native tools to curate high-quality data sets. You will be responsible for integrating these applications with the architecture used across the organization. You will also establish best practices with respect to data integration, data visualization, schema design, performance and reliability of data processing systems, supporting data quality and enabling convenient access to data for our scientist and business users.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to determine which questions can be answered effectively with a given data set. Analyze new (possibly unstructured) data sources to determine what additional value they may bring.
- Design and develop highly scalable and extensible data pipelines from internal and external sources.
- Work on cross-functional teams to design, develop, and deploy data-driven applications and products, particularly within the space of data science.
- Prototype emerging technologies involving data ingestion and transformation, distributed file systems, databases and frameworks.
- Design, build, and maintain tools to increase the productivity of application development and client facing teams.
- Partner with business analyst to define, develop, and automate data quality checks.
- Design and develop big data applications and data visualization tools.
The Team You’ll Join
We are team of collaborative, eager, tech loving professionals. We are focused on finding new ways to quickly gather and present data to our business. We excel at keeping our skillset refined and up to date with current industry standards. We Make Life Easier® with our customer-oriented approach in helping the business access and interpret data.