Sinclair is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team! This role is a mix of software development and analytics so either of the following backgrounds is acceptable: a software developer with experience in data interpretation and desire to focus on the analytics space or a business analyst with experience in software development, especially focused on process automation.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Familiar with the modern cloud data platforms (Azure preferred but AWS is ok). In particular, experience in some of the following is preferred:
- Azure Data Lake (Analytics and Storage), Data Warehouse / Synapse Analytics / Amazon Redshift, Data Factory, Logic Apps, Data Bricks
- Other preferred technologies include: Advanced T-SQL (SQL Server), REST API concepts, Powershell, SSIS, PowerBI
- Experience in database design, architecture and warehousing
- Experience creating ETL/ELT processes to move data between internal and external sources using APIs, ETL.
- Fundamental understanding of Data Lakes, Data Catalogs, Hardware and Network Topology
- Experience using data reporting and visualization tools (e.g. Cognos, SSRS, Qlik, Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
Knowledgeable about a variety of job-related concepts listed below will help you be successful in this role and are some of the main duties of the position:
- Algorithmic concepts from at least one information-centric discipline (e.g. statistics, machine learning, information processing, natural language processing, etc.)
- Gathering data requirements from stakeholders
- Evaluating data collection for accuracy
- Data Governance concepts
- Mindful of practices, procedures and legal guidelines that govern PII and other sensitive data
- Ability to tackle complex problems with creative solutions when the path may not be clear.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.