Data Engineering Manager
It’s an exciting time to be at Clayton Technology! We are on a multi-year platform modernization journey, which includes the implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning suite as well as migrating key platforms to the Cloud. We know that data will power this modern ecosystem and we are investing heavily in building out our data infrastructure to support these new systems as well as future business growth.
The Clayton Data Engineering, Analytics & Governance team is responsible for Data movement into our Enterprise Data Warehouse, our Operational Data Stores, between our operational Systems on prem and on the public cloud.
We are growing and are looking for a Data Engineering Manager to join & lead this dynamic team to develop advanced data infrastructure pipelines and solutions that present information for decision making, sourcing data from a variety of sources within and outside of the Clayton organization with storage on on-prem SQL Server data stores as well as cloud datastores on AWS, using standard ETL tools and scripts.
The Data Engineering Manager will:
- Lead the design, implementation and maintenance basic data models
- Lead the design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of automated data pipeline features and data processing jobs
- Support existing data pipeline, including modernization/standardization, troubleshooting, and maintenance as needed
- Work with engineering teams across the organization to understand and consume data from upstream systems and platforms
- Meet with internal customers to develop project scope for data movement and research requests
- ETL processing with large data volumes
- Data modelling (relational, dimensional and flattened)
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- ETL Tools such as SSIS, StarQuest or Ab-initio
- Assessing quality of data and fitness for purpose
- Data cleansing principles and techniques
- Have solid understanding of:
- Data governance or meta data management solutions
- Designing and maintaining Data Presentation layers
- One or more non-SQL language like Python or Java
- Data Architecture principles and techniques
- Prior data engineering leadership experience
- Designing and delivering large scale, mission-critical data pipelines and features using modern ETL tools and SQL.
- Have an analytic mindset, with 4+ years in a Data Engineer role
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or Engineering preferred.
- Cloud data engineering experience is a plus.
- Open source ETL tool experience is a plus
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off days and holidays
- Wellness Programs and On-site fitness facility
- On-site restaurant
- Team Share Quarterly Bonus
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804
JobCategory: Information Technology