The General is seeking a Data Governance Specialist to join our company.
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement, if you’ve got the ambition. The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.Responsibilities
What You’ll Do
As the Data Governance Specialist, you will set data policies, standards and processes to create consistent and proper handling of the organization’s data. You will monitor compliance across the enterprise. You will oversee data profiling, cleansing, integration, augmentation, matching and standardization processes to support cost reduction, process efficiencies and risk avoidance. You will develop strategies and lead adoption of additional aspects of information management to ensure support of a data driven organization.
- Define and implement a data governance program that outlines the guiding principles for how the organization acquires, transforms, accesses, and uses data allowing for traceability from business goals down to services and key performance indicators for measuring the results of data services.
- Create and maintain a data governance framework that establishes roles and responsibilities for data governance and decision making to meet the enterprise’s data objectives and goals.
- Create and manage data governance standards and procedures.
- Facilitate the data governance policy review and approval process. Draft policy review and approval by the appropriate enterprise executive councils.
- Coordinate efforts to partner with process owners to identify, analyze and develop key measures and recommendations for process improvements.
- Produce metrics and scorecard reports for leadership. Provide analysis and expertise related to metric consistency, trends and reporting.
- Establish the criteria for how often information quality is checked for accuracy and prioritize information quality activities for the organization.
- Lead data migration projects and ensure a consistent information quality approach is followed across the organization. Develop and execute repeatable end-to-end data migration processes.
- Work with leadership to identify opportunities where information quality services can improve operational business process efficiency, reduce costs, and reduce regulatory compliance risks and penalty costs.
- Complete data profiling activities; assessment of existing data for completeness and accuracy relative to the quality specifications for the data.
- Identify specific information quality problems and develop recommendations on how to handle them. Work with business and IT partners to implement recommendations using both manual and automated solutions.
The Team You’ll Join
We are team of collaborative, eager, tech loving professionals. We are focused on finding new ways to quickly gather and present data to our business. We excel at keeping our skillset refined and up to date with current industry standards. We Make Life Easier® with our customer-oriented approach in helping the business access and interpret data.