SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Data Reviewer I is responsible for review and approval of data generated in the laboratory in a timely and effective manner according to methods, instructions, procedures, good laboratory documentation practices (GDP), good manufacturing practices (GMP) and standard operating procedures (SOPs) of SGS Life Science Services Analytical Laboratories and Departments. This job also requires the ability to demonstrate a high commitment to interpersonal relations.
Directly reports to the Laboratory supervisor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Comfortable with electronic systems (e.g. LIMS) and other lab equipment to be able to perform audit trail of testing records
• Experience and understanding of HPLC data
• Able / willing to learn new skills (review of new tests, instrumentation and procedures) as required and follow directions from management including priorities
• Thorough knowledge of scientific principles pertaining to analytical records reviewed
• Ability to interpret, analyze data and draw logical conclusions required.
• Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
• Appropriate attitude, constant vigilance, attention to detail and following Training SOP for training and training records.
• Perform special project data review following staff performance of customer test requests in a timely and effective manner. Customer test requests include biologics and instrumentation data reviews .
• Ensure that all testing submitted by customers is completed within established parameters governing Company quality and regulatory compliance specifications.
• Issues an audit form noting deficiencies to method and procedures, returns the form to analyst for correction according to Data Review SOP; Ensures that all valid deficiencies are corrected; escalates all concerns to management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or similar Science Degree.
• 0-2 years of experience working in a pharmaceutical regulated Laboratory environment or Pharmaceutical company.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Language Skills: English Advanced knowledge required
• Mathematical Skills: Intermediate level of knowledge required
• Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate required
• Computer Skills: Proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook).
• No travel required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
Physical/Sensory Demands Frequency Requirements:
• Stand - Frequently
• Move or traverse - Frequently
• Sit - Frequently
• Use hands - Frequently
• Reach with hands and arms - Frequently
• Talk/hear - Constantly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.