We are looking for a data scientist to help us with data discovery, data augmentation and model development. Your primary focus will be data mining, statistical analysis and descriptive, predictive and prescriptive modelling of our customer and network data. You will also be responsible for acquisition of data sources, automation of work flows (including scoring), and working with the business on machine learning techniques.
- Automation of data acquisition
- Data mining using various languages (including SQL and NoSQL)
- Augmenting and enriching internal data with external sources
- Development of statistical models
- Taking over responsibility for current models
- Tuning existing models when needed
- Providing reports about model performance to end users
- Ad-hoc analysis
- Knowledge and experience with Python, Jupyter Notebook and other statistical/analytical tools
- Good applied statistics skills
- Willingness to learn and use open-source solutions
- Willingness to tackle tough problems and learn new things
- Experience with Big Data technologies including but not limited to: Sqoop, Hive, YARN, Spark, NiFi, Kafka, HDFS, and HBase.
- Knowledge in JanusGraph, Apache Ranger, Apache Atlas, and graph-based solutions.
- Knowledge of scripting and programing languages (e.g., Perl, Python, Java)
- Knowledge of reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- Knowledge of data science tools (e.g. Knime, RapidMiner)
- Knowledge of regression modelling techniques
- Knowledge of AI and machine learning techniques
- Knowledge of Linux
- Experience with Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Dev/Ops)
Job Category: IT
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.