Position: Database Coordinator II (In Office/Onsite)
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Schedule: on call/as needed
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can
expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with
professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
In a complex medical environment, incumbent is responsible for proper physician database documentation, as well as the maintenance, coordination and communication of physician database information, requiring independent judgment. Incumbent will assist in the organization and implementation of other database related projects such as maintenance of result keys, expanded phrases, rules, queries, patients, which may involve coordination with other departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain physician database used by IN and KY laboratories, utilizing the fields available to provide additional information to assist in accessioning and delivery of results.
2. Setup new physicians and practices, calling the practices to verify information concerning report delivery method, physicians at the practice.
3. Maintains manual tracking system of number of new physicians added, physician updated and cases looked at to determine what physician to add to case.
4. Communicates physician database additions and changes sales, billing and client service as needed.
5. Assist in the testing new interfaces, Laboratory Information System changes/updates.
6. Helps to maintain patient database through running of duplicate patient reports, merging patients that can be combined.
7. Investigates requests to delete cases from database, deleting when appropriate.
8. Assists in correcting errors on reports that are identified by the client or internally.
9. Monitor results and orders interfaces, verifying results are crossing and validating orders received.
10. Assists in working the requests from billing to update patient or case as needed.
11. Runs and creates queries as needed.
Education: High School equivalent.
-4-6 years’ experience with computer operations as a system user in a Client Services/Customer Service/Laboratory Services environment.
-Hands-on experience with PC database and word processing programs desirable.
-Prior medical background and understanding of medical terminology highly preferred.
Good written and oral communication skills.
Strong organizational skills.
Competency to work under limited supervision in most phases of database management. Typing speed of 40 wpm desirable.
Enter data with minimal errors.
Excellent troubleshooting skill
Skills to include: Database, computer, interface, client service, customer service, word processing