WPEC CBS 12 West Palm Beach is looking for a Dayside Assignment Editor to join our team.
We are looking for an experienced Dayside Assignment Editor to keep the momentum going as we transition from CBS 12 News This Morning into the news day. This position is responsible for making sure the daybook is updated in time for our AM editorial meeting and is conversant with everything on the list so they can answer questions from managers and producers. Once the plan is set and updated, the Dayside Assignment Editor will be responsible for contacting and monitoring sources for breaking news and important updates, making follow up calls, updating futures file, supporting field crews, assist producers and transition with nightside crew as they begin their shift. Our assignment editors also cross-train as multi-platform content producers and will need to be proficient with crafting posts for website and social media as needed.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Is engaged with the news, knows what's going on in the market and big stories beyond the DMA.
- Is well-organized and can keep track of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Is aggressive in chasing breaking news.
- Is a good communicator, speaks and writes clearly.
- Stays calm under pressure of deadlines and breaking news.
- Has a positive outlook and works well as a member of a team.
- Is familiar with iNews, Adobe Premiere, Lexis-Nexis and other news-related software.
- Builds good relationships with PIOs, press offices and other important contacts in public agencies.
- Is comfortable navigating systems used to access court and municipal records.
- Degree in Journalism or a related field preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.