KUTV, the CBS affiliate in Salt Lake City, has an excellent full-time opportunity for a Daytime Executive Producer to join our winning news team! The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast.
The candidate must have news producing experience at a commercial TV station. Currently, the Daytime Executive Producer helps bring two hours of evening newscasts home Monday through Friday. The candidate must also /have strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts. Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must.
- Determining the content and flow of newscasts
- Writing stories with relentless attention to detail
- Use of graphics creatively and effectively
- Producing content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
- Working with management and reporters to generate stories
- Staying informed of current events
- Meeting daily deadlines in a high energy working environment
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Experience in producing and boothing live newscasts
- BA in Journalism or a related field
- Knowledge in INews and Avid NewsCutter XP technology is not required, but is a definite plus!
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work. If you do not have a link to your work, please apply online and then send a non-returnable DVD of a recent newscast to the News Director.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!