Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Delivery Manager, Enterprise Data at our Tysons, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this position is to lead an IT team in the development, delivery and support of complex programs, projects in Enterprise Data and Analytics domain that advance Enterprise Data division objectives and standards aligned with PenFed strategy. The incumbent is accountable for the overall project delivery, client satisfaction, and management of expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time, and within budget.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage a team of Data engineers and technology experts consisting of employees and contractors to deliver Data & Analytics capabilities.
- Lead and supervise delivery team on a day-to day basis, providing support in maintaining delivery commitments, project parameters, ensuring project deliverables, milestones, resource allocation and costs
- Demonstrate leadership in the pursuit of excellence and continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure associates roles and capabilities are optimally aligned to meet the support standards and/or business needs.
- Adhere to department operations standards, follows the prescribed SDLC process and operational framework.
- Responsible for the annual Data and Analytics project area(s) roadmap, schedule and related budgets and forecasts.
- Build out self-Serve analytics sandbox for Data exploration and Analytical model development
- Work closely with Architecture, Data Governance, Data security and Data compliance organization to adobt the Architecture, Data Management, Data Security and Data compliance standards & guidance.
- Proactively interact with business lines to ensure project requirements, scope of proposals, identify challenges and assess risks.
- Ensures compliance with IT division technology and security standards, governance processes, and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value to the enterprise
- Monitor production, outputs, and services to ensure that SLAs, and other IT division quality metrics, are met
- Ensure staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives within the team’s assigned function and responsibilities
- Create and execute project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify needed resources, assign individual responsibilities and tasks, and notify appropriate management if resource constraints will impact the project timeline.
- Manage project scope and day-to-day operational aspects and report scope changes appropriately.
- Facilitate incident, defect and enhancement review and prioritization discussions with the Infrastructure Support organization.
- Meet regularly with direct reports to ensure high employee engagement
- Meet regularly with the team to gather work statuses and discuss progress and obstacles
- Provide advice, guidance, encouragement, and constructive feedback
- Promote culture of high-performance, continuous improvement and commitment to quality and accountability
- Establish measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with PenFed IT division organizational goals
- Document and presents performance assessments
- Participate in the recruiting, interviewing and selection process of newly hired associates.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and development for associates, partner with HR in decisions on personnel actions
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, Master’s degree is plus.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in delivering Data & Analytics projects, preferably within an Enterprise Data Program.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in managing Big Data/Data Warehouse technical teams
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) in an assistant manager/supervisor role
- Exceptional analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills with ability to understand the big picture and details of applications
- Deep understanding of Private and Public Cloud Architectures
- Experience working on AWS Big Data platforms.
- Proficiency with Big data/Data Warehouse platforms such as Cloudera, Hortonworks, Snowflake, AWS RedShift or similar.
- Experience with programming languages such as SQL, R, Python, Hive, Spark, and Kafka.
- Good knowledge on Machine Learning & AI techniques and technologies
- Hands on experience playing Technical lead role.
- Good understanding on Data Engineering & Data Security Challenges and proven experience on handling those challenges.
- Strong understanding on design principles, patterns and best practices and ability to review code.
- Experience with JIRA or similar tool.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources.
- Change agent and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders.
- Experience with various project methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall.
- Experience with identifying and managing project risks and developing mitigation and contingency plans when appropriate.
- Ability to analyze project-related data to create metrics that will enable improved decision-making for the team and the organization.
- Ability to develop working estimate for the project based on inputs from all project team members.
- This position will supervise employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.