The Design Coordinator assists homeowners with the selection of standard features and/or upgrades for their new home and preparing the paperwork necessary to commence construction of a home, including but not limited to Permit Order Forms, Monotony Code Worksheets, Location Sketches, Color Selection Addendum's, Flooring Worksheets, Exhibits, etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and provide assistance to homeowners with the selection of the standard features and/or available upgrades for their home.
- Schedule and confirm all option/color selection appointments. Retrieve the necessary information from sales team in order to prepare a color selection file for a homeowner.
- Schedule the pool appointment for the homeowner with pool subcontractor providing the necessary information required for appointment.
- Provide homeowners with option book: an outline of the items required to complete his/her home.
- Escort homeowners through the model of the home if available explaining standard features and upgrades that are shown in the model home. If a model home is not available for viewing, facilitate the appointment in the Design Center, using the blueprints as a guide to explain the standard and upgraded features available.
- Enter homeowner's option selections into the database system to create a draft of the homeowner's selections.
- Prepare all documentation required for the Options chosen for the home and obtain homeowners signature and/or initials where required.
- Collect Option Payments, Change Fees, and if applicable, any outstanding deposits due on the contract, or payment requiring cashier's checks.
- Prepare, complete, and distribute paperwork related to the Options Process in a timely manner. Paperwork incudes but not limited to: Reconciliation sheets, permit order forms, monotony code worksheets, the Commence Package Checklist, the Option Review Checklist, Production Reports, etc.
- Follow up with homeowner for any missing items
- Ensure any approved changes occur and are paid for in a timely manner.
- Handle any and all questions that need clarification that may arise during the construction of a home in a timely manner.
- Other related duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in the new home building industry assisting homeowners with design selections is required
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative support experience (project coordinator or design experience preferred)
- Vendor communication experience
- Knowledge of JDE software is preferred
- Basic construction knowledge required to effectively assist homeowners with the selection of standard features and upgrades. A flair for design preferred!
- Time Management skills - must be able to effectively manage his/her time in order to complete tasks within the required time frames. Must be diligent in meeting deadlines and follow-up as needed.
- Excellent problem-solving skills - ability to identify discrepancies and take initiative to research variances and correct
- Planning and organizing - Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills with a strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to adapt and to work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) and keep all parties updated continuously.
- Must be a team player.
- Interpersonal Skills - Must enjoy working with customers and be able to establish rapport and develop good working relationships with all levels of people both within and outside the organization. Must maintain a professional, confident, personable attitude at all times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel at intermediate level
- Ability to work evenings and weekends on occasion
- Driver's License: Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- This is a direct hire permanent position
- Starting salary is $40k/yr plus 1% commissions on all sales
- The schedule requires weekends, but you will get 2 consecutive days off during the week (flexible)
- The hours are typically 9am - 5pm
- Benefits package offered
- Looking to interview and start ASAP!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.