Our Architecture & Design Department delivers truly exceptional properties that delight our guests, reward our partners, and reflect the unique cultures of their geographical locations. With design and construction professionals across 16 locations, we have the advantages of a global presence as well as the benefits of local resources, skills, and expertise.
What will I be doing?
Would you love to support the Director of Design, Luxury & Lifestyle Brands who oversees the Canopy, Motto and our new Lifestyle Brand as well as the Senior Vice President, Global Design Services (GDS) with strategic portfolio growth initiatives among Hilton's developing Lifestyle Brands? If so, we believe you would love this role.
You will focus on the launch and implementation of a new Lifestyle Brand design through successful project deliveries within these respective Lifestyle Brand portfolios. You will support the GDS Lifestyle Team colleagues, collaborate with Architecture & Construction, Brand, Operations, Food & Beverage, Fitness / Wellness, MEP, IT, and Development teams as well as outside consultants for Hilton's new Lifestyle Brand initiative. You will lead the execution of the brand vision in due diligence, new development, and Acquisition / PIP / conversion efforts while building new and maintaining current GDS Design Initiatives, Brand Narratives and Design & Construction Standards. You will be responsible for the North American Region (USA & Canada) Lifestyle Brand projects which are critical for Design, Brand, Operations and Technical assessments to achieve GDS approvals for projects.
You will partner with both internal and external third-party business partners such as Owners, Operators (both Hilton and Franchise), Developers, and Design and Technical consultants to promote our benefited method relative to programming, planning and operational efficiencies. You will provide recommendations to improve the inherent value of the hotel through elevated design, product quality and timely delivery, keeping competitive market (and within the Hilton portfolio) as well as Owner budgets and schedules top of mind. These objectives should be seen as part of ongoing training for continued professional development. Special initiatives and project specific work will require moderate business travel.
- Drive our new Lifestyle Brand development and alignment; including program, budget, planning and design due diligence initiatives, providing mentorship to our key partners.
- Encourage collaborative work sessions, both in-person and electronic, to cultivate positive team member relationships. Project evaluations and recommendations shall optimize the quality of the guests' experience and overall performance of the property. Projects will encompass due diligence efforts with site and desktop evaluations for conversions, renovations and new construction projects.
- Collaboratively evaluate and make recommendations for improvements to GDS effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Assist with the development of the design website in coordination with the external webhost company, including the evaluation of functionality, effectiveness and user-friendly interface. Help develop content materials and tools for ongoing site improvement.
- Drive the evolution and maintenance of the Lifestyle Brand Design Narratives, Design & Construction ""D&C"" Standards, Key Brand Attributes, brand specific design initiatives, communication tools, and eventually Operations CAPEX planning initiative and all respective Lifestyle CAPEX projects, etc.
- Independently review and assess project documents, including design presentations, FF&E and GC drawings and/or specification submittals for compliance with GDS and Brand standards.
- Compose written and visual recommendation and approval documents for external and internal publication. Drive commensurate Lifestyle Brand team assembly.
- Provide mentorship to the consultants of both Managed and Franchised hotel owners and hotel GM's through online project registration, design submittals (both electronic and physical), collaborative workshops and relationship building, issuance of formal design approval letters, etc.
- Receive digital and hard copy submittals and execute the process of accurate log maintenance, design review, safe record storage on or off site and potential return to owners and design consultants.
- Track active projects to ensure we are ahead of the curve, monitoring the progress of various special projects. Included are certain administrative functions such as copying, filing, scheduling conference calls, preparing meeting minutes, preparing design review responses, and scheduling design meetings.
- Assist in the communications and follow-up to resolve outstanding issues.
- Presentation Support; assist with presentation preparations to senior executives and outside constituencies.
- Professional Attributes; strong desire for collaborative team culture to thrive within.
- Industry Knowledge; strive to be knowledgeable of our industry and current design trends and products relative to Lifestyle Brand growth, as a basis to maintain innovative design criteria.
- Competitive Market; make a concerted effort to tour recently completed Hilton and non-Hilton Lifestyle properties both locally and as travel warrants.
- Professional Development; attend professional and/or community events to represent Hilton, always being mindful of career development opportunities.
What are we looking for?
We believe, the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to successfully communicate in both oral and written forms and graphically by developing diagrams and documenting reviews (e.g. Bluebeam, loose hand sketches, etc.)
- Forward-thinking, interpersonal communicators and networkers who will positively influence Hilton's partners to communicate effectively at all levels and who can share relevant information in a clear, professional and concise manner
- Collaborative and organized teammate who can build positive relationships and trust with direct reports and the greater team
- Effectively handle conflict resolutions and handle all disputes in a swift and efficient manner
- Strong project management, organizational, communication and collaborative skills, including the ability to handle details through to completion, ensure project objectives are met and projects are successfully delivered in a Lifestyle commensurate, quality manner
- Creative thinkers, who strive to gain the latest knowledge of hospitality industry trends, especially in relation to discovering innovative or groundbreaking designs
- Outstanding leadership skills to implement project goals, effectively lead a team and adapt to change
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Ten (10) years of experience working within the Hospitality Design Industry within the Lifestyle sector
- Experience with Bluebeam and Adobe Suite (Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, inDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience and detailed knowledge with Lifestyle caliber hotel and resort architecture, interior design, and FF&E technical specification writing and evaluations
- General knowledge of accessibility, building codes and technical requirements as it relates to hospitality architecture and design industry
- Travel - 35%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, or Interior Design
- Fifteen (15) years of experience working in the Hospitality Design Industry, and within the Focused Service / Lifestyle sector; experience would ideally include hotel, corporate and/or owner positions
- Experience working with Sketch-up, AutoCAD or other 3D visualization software
- Current Licensed Architect
- Current Registered Interior Designer
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!