Barnes Group Inc is seeking a Design Engineer to support engineered-to-order customer requests associated with the Hyson Metal Forming Solutions brand in Brecksville, OH. In this role you will create and update 3D models and drawings to meet customer specifications for component drawings, design standards, and internal assembly and customer approval drawings. You will also create and assist with ensuring the proper submission of bills-of-materials using the company's ERP and PDM system. As required, you will interact with both internal and external customers, and engage with team members to support sales growth initiates.
- Designs and/or refines engineering drawings using SolidWorks software.
- Modifies drawings as directed by engineer.
- Assists in creating and maintaining standards to ensure drawing quality.
- Maintains project management details.
- Participates in design, manufacturing, and assembly reviews.
- Seeks and applies input from internal and external customers and peers.
- Delivers presentations and general communication updates applicable to assigned projects.
- Design manifold systems using customer information to create 3D models and production prints.
- Prepares Bills of Material (B.O.M.) for all components designed and released to the shop. Updates, files, copies, and issues drawings and B.O.M. as required.
- Releases final engineering drawings and specifications to the shop. Supports the shop by implementing drawing revisions and researching necessary information.
- Interact with customers concerning design problems, part prints, concurrent engineering of their parts, and the feasibility of production.
- Addresses and documents cause and corrective action issues to prevent future problem occurrences.
- Other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Proficient use of 3D CAD software, SolidWorks preferred.
- Understanding and ability to update and modify post generators and databases associated with CAD software
- Thorough understanding of the creation of detail drawings to fully convey form, fit, function along with most efficient manufacturability.
- Knowledge of engineering design practices/principles, e.g. interference checks, fits, tolerance stack-up/dimensional analysis, GD&T.
- Strong technical judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills.
- Able to understand standard applications and provide technical solutions to customers.
- High ethical standards and team player.
- Self-Starter and able to work with limited direction.
- Knowledge of quality procedures for ISO 9000 / AS9100, preferred
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and Technical School degree in Drafting
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology preferred
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)