Position: Designer, User Interface (Remote Opportunity)
We are looking for a talented User Interface Designer to assist our design team in creating amazing user experiences for Quest customers and employees. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces through all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and other designers to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Conceptualize solid visual design solutions with attention to simplicity and user friendliness while addressing complex design problems.
- Present and defend designs to peers and executive level stakeholders while tending to backlog of requests from our product teams.
- Assist UX Researchers in conducting product evaluations and collecting user feedback for incorporation into further iterations of your design.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards through the implementation and maintenance of Quest’s UI design system.
Bachelor's degree in Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Visual Arts, Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or related field.
- 2 - 5 years of relevant experience in design of digital product experiences using dedicated design tools (Figma preferred)
- Experience working with UX architects who define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interaction. Then, using their findings to develop them into pixel-perfect final deliverables for implementation in digital products by development teams.
- Thorough knowledge of a range of visual design techniques with focus on building both low and high-fidelity prototypes for use in gathering user feedback.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to defend design decisions when necessary.
- Strong organization and documentation skills to help catalog design elements into a company-wide Design System. Understanding of principles of Atomic Design, a strong plus.
- Ability to manage and contribute to multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience designing for accessibility standards preferred
- Bonus: Experience working within a SAFe Agile methodology
Technical Training or Professional Licensing:
- Experience designing in Figma preferred
- Experience designing in a SAFe Agile development methodology preferred
- Experience utilizing a design system and/or component library preferred
- Experience applying user research insights to inform UI designs a plus.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.