Capgemini Government Solutions (CGGS) LLC is seeking a highlymotivated and experienced DevOps Cloud Engineer (SQL) to join our team in the DC metro area to support our government clients.This is a multifaceted role working in collaboration with our existing Account Team and Capgemini's world class teams to support our government clients.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to apply and grow their skillset and work with a motivated and entrepreneurial team, engage with a wide range of stakeholders, and build CGGS' capabilities by serving our clients. The applicant will be responsible to assist Cloud Architects to provide database operations and migration services that enable to tailor the availability and delivery of cloud computing services based on business and technical requirements
- Utilize the future Enterprise Cloud Operational Tools CSP native portals and tools, and/or other TRM-approved tools necessary to provide operations and migration support.
- Utilize automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Git, CloudFormation, ARM or similar.
- Assist with upgrading, installing, and configuring all aspects of database services for AWS or Microsoft Azure for PaaS and IaaS solutions.
- Assisting with reporting on current infrastructure status, and planning for future usage.
- Document key infrastructure items to support sustainment transition of projects.
- Provide support and guidance to migrating data and technical resources as they transition to the Cloud.
Must Have Qualifications:
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline OR AWS/Azure Certification (AWS Professional / Specialty Cert. OR Azure Expert / Advanced Cert.) OR 2 years of relevant experience in one of the suite of tools (Science Logic, Dynatrace, Turbot, AppDynamics)
- 6 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Must have experience implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment.
- Subject matter expertise with at least one of the Cloud Service Providers which currently includes Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Preferred Qualifications (soft skills, preferred, nice to have)
- Solid basic database administration skills (setup, configuration, connectivity, performance)
- Must have subject matter expertise in database PaaS offerings from AWS (RDS), Microsoft Azure (Azure SQL), or both
- One or more Microsoft or Amazon cloud certifications.
- Well versed in development lifecycle concepts and methodologies.
- Experience with agile and DevSec Ops model.
- Experience with at least one configuration technology including: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Git, CloudFormation, AWS CLI, Azure PowerShell, or similar.
- Experience writing technical documentation, especially in relation to Cloud architecture and infrastructure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound internal consulting skills and executive presence.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client's opportunities in the evolving world of cloud and digital platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high quality services to the U.S. Federal Government. Learn more about us atwww.capgemini-gs.com.
Capgemini has an entrepreneurial environment that embodies the following values: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)