Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission-critical. Intrado, formerly West develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
Intrado is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Our Global Technology Services department is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer
to be based out of our Seattle, WA office at 1218 3rd
You’ll be a core part of a team that’s passionate about systems thinking, amplifying feedback loops, and continual experimentation and learning. In this role, you’ll have a broad field of influence and work alongside multi-functional teams, automating data center & cloud operations, crafting tools, improving CI/CD pipelines, evangelizing cloud internally, and assisting development teams with their monitoring/alerting/response processes.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building infrastructure to power new services or expand existing ones
- Building capabilities that shorten MTTR for code shipment
- Developing standard methodologies for using cloud technologies with development
- teams (we use and love AWS)
- Improving methodologies for managing and maintaining a handful of physical networking and servers in data centers
- Pioneering the use of a new feature of our cloud or in our data centers.
- Improving existing DevOps practices
- Diving into an app’s mysterious behavior with an Application Development Team
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Technical Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field, however equivalent experience may be substituted for educational requirements
- An intermediate understanding of some development language (our team mostly uses Python, and we also use C, Bash, and some GoLang)
- Advanced abilities to operate and manage Linux (other Unixes are ok too)
- Strong skills with building CI/CD pipelines
- A good understanding of a configuration management tool (we use Ansible and CloudFormation)
- Working experience in a role where the business runs on a cloud, and you have been responsible for portions of leading the use of that cloud
- Working knowledge and understanding of Docker and container mangement techniques
- Experience with Information Security practices and principles
- You are curious about serverless based approaches to application development and you are always learning and experimenting in the field
Our solutions connect people with each other and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most – Information to Insight.
Intrado has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories.
This position will be posted for 7 days or until the position is filled.