West’s Global Technology Services department is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer
for our site in Boston, MA
. Be part of a team that drives West Digital Media Solutions’ market leading products in Enterprise Video Streaming, Investor Relations Webhosting, Press Release Distribution, Newsrooms, Contact Databases and Media Intelligence. These solutions not only reach and engage media, investors, employees and key stakeholders and allow our customers to gain actionable insights into the performance of their business communications, but also broadcast high-profile client webcasts. West represents over 3,000 companies worldwide, with 63% being Fortune 500 companies.
The ideal candidate will possess leadership skills needed to drive a talented team of engineering the technical skills to be “hands-on” when needed.
Work with modern tools to shape a cloud-based architecture and leverage a network of highly-experienced colleagues in technology, product, sales and service in over 20 countries. You will be working closely with both a co-located team in Boston and with engineering teams of other products in North America, Europe and Asia to build a new software solution from scratch. We expect you to innovate – not maintain legacy code!
Are you detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple-tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines? Do you think you have what it takes to join a passionate, no-nonsense team of engineers and product people to get things done?
If this sounds like you, apply today!
Day to day responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain, expand and improve existing Continuous Integration, testing and deployment of web applications and services.
- Active participation in projects requiring serverless infrastructure
- Translate business requirements into well-designed and documented software components based on PHP / LAMP / Lambda technologies and cloud-solutions
- Provide major contributions to the overall architecture of the product with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security, and performance
- Pro-active communication of technical problems and needs
- Ensuring the highest possible availability of live systems under your remit, including willingness to work out-of-hours in urgent circumstances
- Adhering to company software standards and enforcing company security standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field required, however equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
- Industry relevant certifications are highly desired, but not required
- 3 years systems engineering/systems administration experience
- 2 years working with cloud-based technologies
- Prior experience in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) environment
- Prior experience with Version Control Systems (Git and GitHub Enterprise)
West is connecting people and ideas. We are delivering on their potential. We are improving the way we work and live.
- Severless Applications
- Continuous Integration and Deployment (Jenkins, Docker or similar tools)
- Cloud Infrastructure (Terraform, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB or similar tools)
- Operations (CloudWatch Logs, New Relic, Splunk Enterprise or similar tools)
At West, we are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We develop technology-enabled communications that change the way we work and improve the way we live. We are a collective effort of enterprise and individuals, of communities and customers, of partnerships and families. We are the sum of our entire network – based on the four pillars of trust, innovation, collaboration, and execution and the hard work of people who share our vision. We are at the core of a technology and communications engine that is changing the world.
We Connect. We Deliver. We are WEST.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This position will be posted for 7 days or until filled.