Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow..
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Battelle is seeking Fullstack Software Developers to support efforts in Alexandria, VA/Ft. Belvoir, VA.
- Leads development of complex programs for multiple functional areas. May lead or develop for enterprise-wide projects.
- Develops solutions to complex problems in creative and effective ways by analyzing existing programs and new systems.
- Devises logic and coding for complex issues where analysis of situation or data require in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Leads the analysis of requirements, testing and integration of applications components.
- Implements changes in development maintenance and system standards.
- Approves system and programming documentation.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills on relevant topics and technologies. Includes pursuing/maintaining technical certifications, as appropriate.
- Maintains an understanding of current industry standards and adapts Battelle development practices, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree with 3-8 yrs. experience. Professional training and certifications in relevant software development areas
- Full Stack developer with experience with Angular, Java, REST API, XML, SQL Server Web-based applications, Service-Oriented Architecture, custom C2 applications and Common Operational Picture.
- Configure and maintain continuous integration and DevOps services
- Provide development support to both customer and 3rd party plugin developers
- Experience with Agile Development
- Use of DI2E tools: Git, JIRA, Confluence, etc
- Advanced development experience with SitaWare software products to include writing custom services, GUI components and data model development.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers