FLORIDA DETROIT DIESEL ALLISON is a Stewart & Stevenson company. Our unique line-up of products and services means that you’ll get exposure to a broad range of industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction, transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300 employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small, customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and value of service.
Responsible for identifying abnormalities with customer’s power generation equipment at the customer's place of business and performing standard repairs, including replacing batteries chargers, block heaters and other support equipment.
- Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose standard problems with power generation equipment.
- Perform standard repairs on power generation equipment and related support equipment; replace support equipment as necessary.
- Identify and order appropriate parts to complete repairs and routine maintenance.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment according to established guidelines and schedules.
- Provide assistance to more senior level technicians on larger jobs.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and/or two to four years related experience.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
- Ability to utilize laptop computers and portable diagnostic tools required.
- Clean driving record and valid Driver’s License required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.