KTVL has an immediate opening for a creative Digital Content Producer! This person will work directly with station management to create strategic plans for retention and acquisition across all platforms. This position will also work closely with the News Director and Assistant News Director on the stations' websites and social media sites. In this position you will determine the content and flow of the sites and pages and work with management to generate and write stories.
- Must be a self-starter
- Have strong writing and editing abilities
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- The ability to meet short deadlines, multitask, and work well under pressure
- Effective & Timely use of Internet, Social Networking and Mobile. Seek out and post relevant information (words, images and/or video) to station's digital platforms in an accurate and timely manner.
- Engage audience through effective use of social media, (E.G., Facebook, Twitter) for both newsgathering purposes and interaction. Also includes uploading material (words, stills and/or video) from the field or TV station to those sites when applicable.
- Engage and help grow audience through effective use of station's mobile news platform. Includes sending breaking news, sports or weather alerts to mobile devices.
- Listening and responding to scanner traffic
- Previous experience as a web writer or web editor is preferred
- Experience in a newsroom setting on the assignment desk is preferred
- Video editing skills a plus
- Degree in Journalism or a related field preferred
- Solid news judgment is key
- Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy. This includes, but is not limited to, AP style writing, attention to grammar, and a sense of urgency when breaking news happens
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.