WICS/WRSP has an immediate opening for a creative Digital Content Producer! This position requires you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our linear and digital platforms. This position will also work closely with the Digital Manager, Executive Producer, and Assignment Desk on the stations' websites and social media sites. In this position you will determine the content and flow of the sites and pages and work with management to generate and write stories.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid news judgment
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative articles and postings
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- The ability to execute news strategies and goals
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have at least 2+ years previous news producing or web producing experience at a commercial TV station.
- A journalism degree is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.