We are seeking a Digital Producer to be a part of our amazing team and support a Washington, D.C.-based national morning newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our website and social media platforms. You will work with our team to determine the content of our website and social media platforms. You will also collaborate with other team members to generate digital content for all platforms.
Essential Duties and Requirements including the following:
- Possess solid news judgment
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- Be able to multitask and manage time effectively
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong ability to teach and coach
- Ability to lead planning efforts for digital platforms
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to execute news strategies and goals daily
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Proficiency with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
- Understanding of publishing tools for multiple platforms
- Ability to use video and graphics to produce content
- Other duties may be assigned
- Must have at least two (2) years of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station or digital news platform
- A journalism degree is preferred
- Various hours in the morning generally between the hours of 3am-Noon
- Must be available to work any day of the week during this timeframe
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.