CBS Austin/Telemundo Austin is searching for our next Digital Executive Producer!
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to produce, write, edit and post stories (including but not limited to text, video, photos, embedded social media posts, maps and interactive charts) to our digital platforms utilizing a content management system and other digital tools. This person will participate in editorial meetings and work with the reporters and the assignment desk to keep all digital platforms updated. The candidate will also keep track of analytics and work one-on-one with the web team at the corporate level to constantly improve station practices. The candidate should be willing and able to adapt with changing technology and social media algorithms. This is not an entry level position.
- Lead and direct news assignments and digital content
- Manage, supervise and train Digital Content Producers
- Special projects as assigned
- Gathering news affecting the community
- Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
- Organizing and assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
- Tracking success through analytics and other data
- Compiling monthly reports
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Expert knowledge of websites, content management systems, social media platforms, and personal social media usage
- Experience in television news gathering and logistical planning
- Strong news judgment
- A strong team player who can inspire teams to achieve a shared goal
- Experience in creating and executing full-scale digital campaigns with social media and web
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of AP Style
- The ability/willingness to be work a flexible shift including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.