Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Digital Mortgage Loan Officer at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to be a trusted advisor to our members, assist with the appropriate decision of mortgage or home equity loan for their unique needs. This position will be measured on their call to application conversion, pre-approval to full application conversion, collection of intent to proceed, including initial documentation and sales contract, application quality, member, and realtor satisfaction. Additionally, this position will be a collaborative team effort with mortgage operations teams to ensure PenFed meets the members’ desired closing date.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Act as a trusted advisor to PenFed members and prospective membership, related to the purchase and refinance of their home or investment property.
- Fully explain the mortgage process and set the right expectations of what the experience will entail.
- Promptly answer all phone calls and lead opportunities.
- Serve as a member liaison to ensure the closing date is met.
- Initiate and maintain contact with members throughout the processing period to ensure PenFed has continued to meet their needs, conveying the appropriate level of urgency and professionalism so that all expectations are exceeded.
- Identify any issues, which may affect ability to meet previously established conditions and dates in a timely manner.
- Complete the application over the phone for the member, provide electronic content, encourage use of e-consent to facilitate a timely closing of the loan, fully explain the loan estimate (LE), and obtain intent to proceed, and initial documentation.
- Responsible for follow up on all pre-approvals to answer questions and provide advice.
- Contact existing or new realtor as the lender who will be assisting the member and provide your direct dial information.
- Proactively work with the processor to obtain credit approval within established days of consent.
- Ensure all quality measures for the application are being met.
- Provide sound mortgage advice to members regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different loan products, and pricing, and guidelines.
- Learn and utilize assigned programs and technology to maintain regulatory loan documentation requirements.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Agency, Non-agency, VA and Home Equity lending policies and procedures.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- High school degree and experience that provide the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions is required. Associate’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of residential mortgage lending experience with a focus on generating business is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of mortgage processing, underwriting and closing procedures.
- Knowledge of agency, non-agency, FHA, VA, and home equity lending guidelines.
- Understanding of Federal Regulations governing Real Estate Lending.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
This position will not directly supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
Must have an active NMLS license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.