The Nature’s Bounty Co. is now The Bountiful Company!
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Shopper Strategy & Category Management, this position is a critical role in building, developing and leading the Drug Channel Category Team. The Director of Category Development Drug Channel performs a valuable role in building a strong partnership with key Drug retailers by developing and implementing specific category and shopper solutions and programs to deliver against category and customer priorities. This position is responsible for leading the development and sharing of Category Management foundations, directives, and insights throughout the organization for the assigned categories. This role will translate analytical and consumer/shopper insights into action the help drive strategic and tactical initiatives to achieve category growth goals. This role can be based in NY, NJ, RI, IL, CT, PA.
- Responsible for managing the Rite Aid account through category management principles while supporting and leading key initiatives at CVS and Walgreens.
- Lead the Drug Category Management team to successfully support the sales team and achieve company goals through the preparation of data, insights and analytics and category solutions to drive both customer and the company goals and objectives.
- Establish category strategy and category management processes for the Drug Channel.
- Establish clear Category Management directives based on Industry Macro Trends, Consumer and Shopper Insights by collaborating with various third party data sources and constructing dynamic presentations around key consumer trends that are driving the category dynamics.
- This individual will be our expert for accessing internal knowledge and translating it into action to identify opportunities across the drug retailers and facilitate solution development with the account teams and other team members.
- Strong collaboration with cross functional partners (Insights, Sales Team, Category Development Team, Shopper Activation Team to leverage syndicated data and category & shopper insights to drive category initiatives.
- Develop modular, ad hoc, category reviews and business planning analysis to develop category and brand recommendations across the 4Ps including shelving guidelines/best practices – Establish and deliver best-in-class merchandising recommendations.
- Influence the customers by identifying specific opportunities and solutions within the retailer(s).
- Assist with any research and lead projects to deliver category solutions benefitting both the customer(s) and the category
- Leverage retailer shopper loyalty data to drive impactful category/shopper solutions to benefit both retailer and the company.
- Expert in shopper loyalty data and analysis for internal knowledge sharing and case studies
- Analytical foundations – Develop standardized category review templates for Category Development team to populate and deliver to accounts.
- Management of data tools – Optimization of category management tools – assortment and space management, shopper loyalty, POS, IRI and channel reporting to drive efficiencies and standardization.
- SKU rationalization/projection methodology – Develop and employ standardized processes for SKU rationalization and new item projections.
- Share key learnings and data insights/trends at key retailer(s) with Category Development Team to influence rest of market.
- Manages competing priorities under demanding time constraints.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with key customer contacts and Sales Teams.
- Strong analytical interpretation and data utilizing key tools such as Retail Link, POS, Advanced Consumer Data (Market Research, Consumer Decision Tree, Household Panel Data, Nielsen Data Retrieval/Analysis)
- Recruit, hire, develop, train team with diverse skillsets needed to achieve a high performing drug category team to support the Drug (CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid) accounts.
- Support ad hoc Category projects as needed (included but not limited to Convenience accounts, internal asks, broader Category initiatives, Category platforms, etc.