Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Director of Global Supplier Quality is responsible for the development and implementation of the vendor assurance systems used by NBTY Inc., to assess, qualify, sustain and improve material safety and quality globally. The successful candidate will need to be able to represent the Company and work in close collaboration with our Procurement and Operations organizations to create and deploy tools that allow us to achieve “best in class” status in a highly fragmented global supply chain.
The Director, Global Supplier Quality will also develop metrics used by our organization to evaluate supplier performance and develop strategic plans for long term supply for these materials, both packaging and ingredients. The successful candidate must have excellent team building and communication skills to succeed in this role.
The Director, Global Supplier Quality will need to be able to successfully lead new initiatives and on-going activities for domestic markets while managing a team of Global Supplier professionals.
The Director, Global Supplier Quality will also need to build and/or maintain the quality systems that are critical to the success of the Global Supplier Quality organization. Therefore, the successful candidate must have strong knowledge of the systems required to support this organization, and also be results driven and able to accomplish the building and execution of these systems.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited:
- Develops and executes vendor assurance tools and systems in collaboration with NBTY Inc. Procurement and Commercial teams
- Works closely with Regulatory, Nutrition and Specifications organizations in our organization
- Gathers and assesses data from multiple sites to determine and establish KPIs for the organization
- Defines work load in collaboration with Procurement team establishing the raw material and packaging supply base for the organization
- Evaluates and qualifies consultants used to evaluate the supply base globally in collaboration with Procurement
- Ensures Operations team has a voice in the supplier selection, qualification and on-going management of NBTY’s supply base.
- Manages all supplier material deviations with NBTY Inc. operations, e.g. rejections and concessions, and provides supplier KPI trending to all key business partners in our organization
- Benchmarks program with other best in class companies and continuously improves tools used to assess, qualify, measure and improve quality with our suppliers
- Conducts annual supplier assessments in collaboration with our Operations and Procurement leadership teams
- Represents Global Quality on various leadership teams and is an active member of these teams.
- Works closely with Product Development and the Specifications organization to ensure material specifications and test methods are shared with suppliers as part of the material qualification and on-going management program
- Qualifies co-manufacturers and co-packers for NBTY and ensures on-going management of these suppliers
- Leads, coaches, mentors and directs a team of Global Supplier professionals.
- Drives new initiatives and on-going activities for domestic markets for Global Supplier Quality.
- Builds and/or maintains the quality systems that are critical to the success of the Global Supplier Quality organization
- Other duties may be assigned as required