Director, Agile Delivery
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information, and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information, and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Quest Diagnostics is looking for a Director of Agile Delivery to join the Enterprise Resource Planning & Delivery group to lead a team of Scrum Masters who are integral to our delivery of products using agile methodologies.
This role will be responsible for managing Scrum Masters in a geographically distributed environment where products/solutions are developed and delivered in follow-the-sun model. In addition, this position is required to ensure effective sprint executions for high performing agile teams while continuously improving the scrum masters effectiveness across agile teams. Responsible for aligning to strategies of agile methodologies and being an active participant in ongoing development of agile capabilities within business unit. Support and foster collaborative partnerships required for training and coaching; develop relationships that support organizational agility.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage a team of Scrum Masters working on different agile initiatives project workstreams.
• From time to time, play the role of the Scrum Master for one of the agile teams and lead by example
• Serve as a SME for Agile Methodologies and specifically for scrum master responsibilities. Must be able to be a voice of reason and authority and build consensus.
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example
• Lead and collaborate with the agile coaching practice to increase the effectiveness of Scrum within the organization.
• Problem solver when it comes to dealing with the client and helping other Scrum Masters succeed.
• Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
• Mentor Scrum Masters on techniques related to leading without authority
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Removes impediments and acts as a mentor for scrum masters.
• Helps those outside the teams to understand the appropriate interactions/dependencies with the scrum master to maximize value.
• Responsible for upskilling Scrum Masters as practices and processes evolve with different agile frameworks. Establishes continuous learning and growth path for scrum masters
• Facilitates a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope - Facilitates a lean agile / continuous improvement mindset.
• Aware of company control functions and supports agile governance (risk, compliance, privacy, security and legal) activities
• Provide status to management at all levels regarding the progress of Scrum Masters effectiveness across Agile initiatives
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 12+ years of Software Development and/or Product lifecycle experience that includes Program management experience.
• 8+ years of Agile - Scrum master experience
• Prior experience leading/coaching agile teams
• 8+ years of people management experience
• Scrum Master certification
• Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
• Well versed with Agile estimation and planning techniques, and effective impediment resolution
• Extensive experience in User Stories writing, defining Definition of Done and Definition of Ready, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing
• Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and mentoring skills
• Experience in driving towards the model of decentralizing decision making
• Well versed with mentoring the scrum masters on leading without authority
• Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
• Organizational Awareness Transparency and Integrity
• Decision Making
• Creativity Thinking
• Conflict Resolution
• Effective Communication Style
• Personal Accountability
• Time Management
• Demonstrates a Strong Moral Compass
• Takes intelligent Risks
• Has a Talent Mindset
• Collaborates to Seize Opportunities
• Customer Focused
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.