Director, Customer Service Strategy – Hospitals & Health Systems
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics (www.QuestDiagnostics.com) is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. We are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, with 2020 revenues of $9.44 billion.
The Director will lead the discovery, design, and execution of a superior customer service experience for a $1B portfolio of Health System and Hospital clients of Quest Diagnostics. Emphasis will be placed on building a team, processes, and tools to accelerate growth and drive operational excellence; listening to customers externally and directly to design and deliver a superior service experience with an elevated value proposition. This position will lead a team of roughly 85 virtual and in-the-lab customer support professionals.
The Director, Health Systems Customer Service is a new segmented service and process engineering role requiring comfort with ambiguity, customer experience design, call center operations, voice of customer stratification, and demonstrated leadership excellence in a cross functional environment. This office will be responsible for process improvement and design, reporting and analytics, workforce planning and scheduling, project management, and continuous improvement initiatives. The overall purpose of this role is to drive cost effectiveness and premium quality service delivery for customers through deploying analytical tactics, process redesign techniques, and strong project leadership.
This role will lead and coach a team of professionals including a business analyst and QMS PM (similar to Six Sigma Blackbelt(s). In addition, this role will oversee and directly manage process improvement initiatives for the Customer Solutions function, with a focus on increasing collaboration with the Commercial team and Customer Experience team in support of revenue growth and improved CX. A dotted line relationship to the Health Systems Business unit including Professional Lab Services and Advanced Diagnostics Business Leadership will be established to support collaboration and conjoint service delivery.
• Recruit, train and build a team of 70-80 agents to provide premium quality service proactively, and responsively
• Lead with direct customer and employee insights, business analytics and QMS techniques to design, deliver, and innovate the health systems segment service model(s)
• Hands on value stream mapping and process design of the segmented service model
• Segment health system groups in conjunction with region and esoteric leadership
• Ensure upskilling of agents with 40 hours targeted, advanced technical training in continuous learning manner.
• Determine proper service channels for work types ensure CAP/CLIA Compliance and Customer ease
• Provide regular inputs to customer business reviews, joining on-sight with sales and service members at client sites as required
• Coach and educate the team including employee development and decision-making
• Directly responsible for creating and managing an effective knowledge transfer process that standardizes core business processes that are transferred into service teams across Quest including IT Connectivity, Esoteric, Billing, and beyond
• Provides regular progress updates to Sr. Leadership regarding the transition of work; leverages facts data to facilitate discussions to resolve conflicts that arise during the process
• Responsible for effective resource utilization and cost effectiveness; leads all initiatives for Health Systems Customer Services in support of the Invigorate program within Quest
• Accountable for long term forecasting and capacity planning, oversight of the creation of best-in- class resource planning and scheduling practices, and real-time management practices to insure Customer Service key metric targets are achieved (Capture Rate, First Call Resolution, ASA, cost/req, etc.)
• Will provide expertise, offer guidance, and manage resources assigned to key technology initiatives including the Agent desktop, IVR design, and other Digital enhancements
• Develops and maintains a robust reporting package including daily, weekly, and monthly reports. Provide regular business reviews sharing customer insights with marketing, sales, finance, and other internal parties
• Serves as a subject matter expert to assess operational impacts to enterprise lead initiatives, including new product development and deployment
• Actively communicates and partners with regional Customer Solutions Directors to drive change and gain consensus on service delivery process design issues
• Serves as customer support expert for all hospital and health systems customer experience projects & initiatives; participates in CX impact working groups to ensure customer support representation and alignment
• BA / BS required; MBA / MS preferred
• 10+ years of operations leadership and management experience; extensive experience required in business process design and data analysis
• 10+ years in a Lab/Diagnostics or Hospital/Health Systems operations environment; experience across multiple roles
• 5+ years continuous improvement, change, and program management with QMS Silver Certified or Six Sigma Blackbelt preferred
• Working knowledge of Customer Service Call Center technology, call flows, and call statistic reporting tools (Avaya, CMS, Chat, RPA, VOIP)
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to synthesize data and perform regular and ad hoc analysis to make business decisions
• Proficient level skills with the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel
• Ability to effectively lead and coach people in an inspiring and engaging manner
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely
• Demonstrated success in meeting high performance standards related to work quality and quantity
• Proven ability to manage and resolve conflict
• Maniacal Customer Focus
• Strong Decision Quality
• Timely Decision Making
• Managing and Measuring Work
• Managerial Courage
• Process Management
• Virtual within the continental United States
About Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics empowers people to take action to improve health outcomes. Derived from the world's largest database of clinical lab results, our diagnostic insights reveal new avenues to identify and treat disease, inspire healthy behaviors and improve health care management. Quest Diagnostics annually serves one in three adult Americans and half the physicians and hospitals in the United States, and our nearly 50,000 employees understand that, in the right hands and with the right context, our diagnostic insights can inspire actions that transform lives.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
About COVID-19 testing at Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics is at the forefront of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, working to broaden access to laboratory insights to help us all lead healthier lives. We provide both molecular diagnostic and antibody serology tests to aid in the diagnosis of COVID-19 and immune response. Our COVID-19 test services are based on tests that have received FDA emergency use authorization and which also meet our high standards for quality. We are providing these test services under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act.
We provide data on COVID-19 testing to various federal and state public health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and participate in studies with government and private institutions, aiding COVID-19 public health response and research. Through our team of dedicated phlebotomists, air fleet team, couriers and laboratory professionals, Quest Diagnostics works hard every day to help patients and communities across the United States access quality COVID-19 testing.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.