Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
The Director, HR Tech & Systems is responsible for the overall, global HRIT function, providing leadership, coordination and ongoing transformation of HR technology systems. This role is critical for our data management, HR processes and analytic needs.
This role will serve as a go-to resource for key stakeholders including but not limited to HR Business Partners/colleagues, HR Centers of Expertise and business leaders. He/she will be a key member of the Total Rewards function and partner extensively with the IT function. The role reports directly to the Executive Director, Total Rewards & HR Technology.
• Design HR Technology strategy and roadmap to address current and future business needs
• Partner with key HR leaders and business stakeholders including IT
• Develop short and long range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans for HRIT function
• Manage vendors to plan, execute and monitor projects directly and/or indirectly
• Serve as the interface between internal and external customers and HRIT team to ensure effective delivery of HRIT applications. Providing overall prioritization of project assignments and management of HRIT resources (both internal and external)
• Assess how HRIT services are delivered to the organization and make recommendations on the competencies, organization and responsibilities of the team to achieve business objectives.
• Stay current on HR technology and trends, bringing new ideas to HR
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related job experience required. .
• Individual should have a minimum of 10+ years related work experience and 3+ years managing people and projects
• Extensive experience managing portfolio projects, project managers and developing processes that work within the environment and culture of the organization
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
• Ability to interact professionally with colleagues and/or customers for different purposes in different contexts.
• Performs a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another
• Ability to comprehend and follow verbal or written instructions
• Using effective verbal communication
• Using effective written communication
• Concentrate on tasks
• Ability to making decisions
• Examine/observe details
• High energy, innovative individual with strong influencing skills and ability to interact with both IT and non-IT partners; thrive in a team environment as well as being able to work independently
• Must possess outstanding collaboration skills, with proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders across department and business lines to accomplish goals; must be able to attract and develop great talent and build effective teams