Director, Investment Portfolio Management
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics (www.QuestDiagnostics.com) is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. We are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, with 2020 revenues of $9.44 billion.
The Investment Portfolio Management Director will focus on driving strategic alignment between, and mutual benefit for, Quest and companies Quest invests in on a minority basis through partnerships and other collaborative agreements. The investment portfolio’s ultimate goal is to maximize the strategic and financial returns to the company. The Director will manage internal business and functional teams as well as strategic partners toward that common goal. This will entail partnership structuring, negotiation of agreements, and ongoing management of the relationships to enable success. The Director will also be involved in investment sourcing and diligence processes, though would be more focused on delivering the benefit post investment.
The position is based in the Company’s Secaucus, NJ, headquarters.
• Participate in the investment strategy for a $25M growth ventures fund based on understanding of Quest’s long-term strategy and goals
• Participate, alongside the M&A team, in the due diligence process for potential portfolio companies in conjunction with external partners and internal subject matter experts
• Manage performance oversight for the existing portfolio companies; includes implementation of a reporting / tracking system for all portfolio investments that encompasses financial elements of the investments as well as operational goal setting and performance metrics
• Drive collaboration between internal resources and portfolio companies to structure and execute partnership and other collaboration opportunities that could (1) enable the utilization of relative strengths across Quest (e.g., payer relationships, channel access and reach, specimen handling and testing infrastructure) and its portfolio companies (e.g., new technologies, new business models, data and analytics capabilities, etc.), (2) drive profitable growth within Quest and/or its portfolio companies, and (3) enhance portfolio company value
• Prepare and provide business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to ensure visibility and engagement across the enterprise where appropriate
• Moderate travel required (~25% anticipated)
The successful incumbent will have the following attributes and/or experiences:
• Undergraduate degree required; MBA or other relevant professional degree preferred
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience driving partnership deals and similar strategic collaborations a must
• Experience in management consulting, integration management and / or program office administration required
• Preferred Experience: technology licensing, venture capital, or similar field; health care space and knowledge of lab industry
• Strong overall business acumen and solid financial analytic skills
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and drive results
• Superior relationship building skills, ability to thrive in a highly matrixed environment, and lead through influence
• Excellent judgment and analytical ability to make recommendations / decisions and to resolve complex problems
• Flexibility to manage multiple assignments and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. Ability to thrive in a highly dynamic, time sensitive and collaborative environment.
• Strong listening, written and oral presentation skills suitable for C-Suite and external partner discussions
• Deal structuring and negotiation skills
• Financial analytics and modeling skills
• Process management skills
• Intellectual horsepower and good business acumen
• Resourcefulness, flexibility, and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to think strategically and independently
• Comfort around senior management teams and external
About Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics empowers people to take action to improve health outcomes. Derived from the world's largest database of clinical lab results, our diagnostic insights reveal new avenues to identify and treat disease, inspire healthy behaviors and improve health care management. Quest Diagnostics annually serves one in three adult Americans and half the physicians and hospitals in the United States, and our nearly 50,000 employees understand that, in the right hands and with the right context, our diagnostic insights can inspire actions that transform lives.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
About COVID-19 testing at Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics is at the forefront of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, working to broaden access to laboratory insights to help us all lead healthier lives. We provide both molecular diagnostic and antibody serology tests to aid in the diagnosis of COVID-19 and immune response. Our COVID-19 test services are based on tests that have received FDA emergency use authorization and which also meet our high standards for quality. We are providing these test services under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act.
We provide data on COVID-19 testing to various federal and state public health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and participate in studies with government and private institutions, aiding COVID-19 public health response and research. Through our team of dedicated phlebotomists, air fleet team, couriers and laboratory professionals, Quest Diagnostics works hard every day to help patients and communities across the United States access quality COVID-19 testing.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.