Director, Product Management – Quest Diagnostics/Walmart JV
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "World’s Most Admired Companies," Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2019 revenues of around $7.7 Billion and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 6 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
The Product Management Director for the Quest/Walmart JV will identify, manage, and execute on new service and product offerings for high-value partner and customer opportunities. The Director will lead new solution development and life cycle management through a cross-functional team comprised of representatives from both parent organizations as well as third party strategic partners. The Director advocates and prioritizes business cases to the JV GM and wins support to execute strategies through Marketing and the value-delivery organizations. S/He will lead communication of product offerings to end-user customers and prospects.
• Translate business strategies into effective Operational, Marketing and Co-Marketing Plans
• Conduct market, competitive and customer research to identify needs and trends, including gather input from downstream organization• Identify strategic value propositions, appropriate targets, and go-to-market branding and communication objectives
• Coordinate development, deployment, and post marketing surveillance of the offering, and generally ensure an integrated marketing and operational plan is in place to achieve JV goals
• Define the product profile and other solution requirements, including initial business case and strategic rationale which will enable the GM to secure resources for new initiatives
• Define requirements for partnerships, alliances, ventures for assigned segment and evaluate/manage the relationships
• Design detailed marketing and operational plans (with budgets) to support multiple initiatives and engagements, and work with partner and internal resources to execute and measure success
• Work with partners to consider custom product and service bundles to capitalize on unique partner needs
• Participates in launch team, to ensure pricing, coding, reporting, training, operational processes, advertising/promotion, channel strategies and tactics are launch ready
• Manage life cycle decisions for both existing and new offerings, through tracking offering performance against objectives, customer satisfaction
• Maintain an understanding of the JVs position in the competitive landscape as well as understand continuum of care requirements and gaps; translate the implications of these insights for action by the business
• Identify and develop effective communication strategies using personal selling and other tactics as appropriate; validate strategy and effectiveness of executions
• Owns all attributes related to the product – manage one source of truth
• Develop Annual Operating Plan (AOP) in concert with JV GM and Value Delivery partners
• P&L responsibility for the offering/portion of product line assigned
• Forecast and manage the marketing budget
• Successful cross functional development and market introduction of new and improved offerings
• Customer perceived quality
• Requires bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Business, Marketing and/or Product Management; Advanced degree/ MBA preferred
• 10+ years relevant experience in marketing & product management; including 3+ years in healthcare• Extremely strong written and oral communication and excellent influencing/collaboration skills across many functions and levels
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, develop deep insights about customers and convert understanding of market and customer needs into superior/unique offerings
• Project management skills, especially balancing short- and long-term franchise building plans
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects at any given time. Strong adaptability and flexibility traits
• Proven ability to articulate vision for marketing long-term (3-5 years) and short-term (1 year)
• Experience in on-line marketing programs
• Mastery of Microsoft office, Marketing tools, and virtual support technologies
• Perform job duties with frequent interruptions or distractions
• Willingness and capability to operate in an unchartered entrepreneurial environment, with the humility and willingness to perform whatever tasks are required to chart the course and get the job done
• Political and influential skills needed to work successfully in a JV environment with constituents from multiple organizations who need to ultimately agree upon mutual objectives and tactical approaches
• Performs a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking "Job Search" and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.