The person will train on-air talent on the ins-and-outs of social media while leveraging industry-wide best practices to increase our online engagement while also growing traffic for our legacy digital domain. We are looking for an idea generator who is a self starter.
- Must be versed in AP style writing but able to switch to a more conversational tone for social media platforms.
- Must be a solid writer who can remain calm under pressure while juggling multiple writing, video, and photo assignments.
- Must be proficient in image creating platforms and video editing software in order to create shareable, snackable social content.
- Must have a hearty, healthy appetite for a wide range of news and information that can include the serious, from death and destruction, to pop culture, celebrities, lifestyle and trends.
- Must be comfortable using several content management systems in order to create content on one platform that can then be shared across other social platforms/CMS.
- Must be able to become a proficient user of the Sinclair proprietary CMS in order to create stories/video that can be shared across social platforms.
- Will help implement an evolving newsletter strategy in order to conceive/manage regular newsletters to grow KHQA.com audience users.
- Will regularly and daily create engaging photo galleries that can be shared across platforms.
- Will regularly create text-over-graphic videos and text-over-images that are engaging and will spark a social conversation.
- Will be a social media evangelist who will work with all levels of station management and social media counterparts at Sinclair corporate and other sister Sinclair digital properties.
- Will serve as a social media expert, staying on top of current social media trends to ensure our stations content efforts are cutting-edge.
- Will serve as point for any corporate initiatives around social media.
- Will look to find groups/social media hashtags that can be mined for daily news stories and serve as good venues for sharing of KHQA.com
- At least 2-3 years of experience in social media strategy for a daily or week news media organization or digital site.
- Ability to spot trends in social media and prepare to evolve our strategies accordingly.
- Ability to work in a breaking news environment and remain calm and professional while doing so.
- Knowledge of social media advertising campaigns and tools (i.e. Facebook Ad Manager).
- Knowledge of social media analytics platforms (i.e. CrowdTangle, Social News Desk, Facebook Insights)
- A self-starter capable of working independently and exercising sound judgment.
- Detail-oriented with strong project management, organization, and time management skills.
- A passion for teamwork and customer service who can follow direction well but also work independently while managing workflow and projects.
- Able to work across all levels of the station and work in tandem with corporate social media counterparts so our station initiatives are inline with Sinclair expectations.
- A leader who can teach others about social media and encourage non-social users to embrace engagement techniques that work.
- Capable of talking authoritatively about social media trends during live news broadcasts and in taped segments that air on KHQA News.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.