Director Business Development, Health Plans/Health Systems
Healthcare Analytics Solutions
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Healthcare Analytics Solutions
Quest Diagnostics’ vision is to empower better health through actionable insights. Healthcare Analytics Solutions (HAS) is an intrapreneurial team that is helping to deliver this vision by providing advanced clinical, financial and operational insights to stakeholders across both the care and therapeutic continuums.
Quest provides analytical solutions for leading public health plan, heath system and health management companies enabling organizations to more effectively engage with patients across the continuum of care. Quests tools and services focus on supporting clinical informatics, quality management, disease management and engagement.
Quest leverages considerable set of unique assets to deliver differentiated solutions, including a tremendous clinical repository, relationships with half the countries providers and hospitals in the United States, over 2000 patient service centers, over 650 active EMR interfaces, and approximately 15,000 mobile care professionals. Quest’s Big Data environment provides high-recency access to a clinical database goes back to 2005, with an average of 150 million unique patient encounters per year.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible to establish, grow and manage channel relationships with organizations that support and enable the success of the health plans, health systems and providers. Location for this position is flexible within the U.S.
- Partner with Business Leaders to drive sales with consultative selling approach that includes building trust/credibility with clients and partners, understand client context and business requirements, connecting client needs to our capabilities, and articulate the benefits of Quest Diagnostics data, analytics and professional services
- Construct and execute a formal national business plan with the HAS leadership team, Commercial and marketing teams reviewing/ updating on a quarterly basis. Plan includes critical focus on sales activities and pipeline movement to commit. Focused on market segments and individual prospects based on the "need/gap in service" and identified solution.
- Leverage tools like Salesforce.com, Smartsheet.com and others to support pipeline management and contracting workflows.
- Demonstrate strong command of clinical Informatics and analytics solutions and understand complexity drivers that may affect pricing and delivery schedules.
- Write and present proposals and executive-level presentations
- Coordinate with delivery team to meet client needs and grow existing relationships
- Provide market feedback from clients and prospects on clinical informatics needs and work with
analytics team to refine existing solutions and design new ones
- Work with channel partners to qualify and promote informatics capabilities to existing clients
- Cultivate client relationships to upsell accounts with new / additional services
Understand competitive threats and positioning
- Participate in marketing activities to drive awareness and strengthen brand for informatics capabilities
- Participate in strategic planning to grow information business
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s or MBA is preferred
- Expert knowledge of quality reporting systems and payment models within Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial ACA, ACO and FQHC markets
- Understanding healthcare financial and clinical risk analytics
- 5-7 years of market/program development, preferably in the Health plan and health systems focused healthcare analytics industry
- Demonstrated experience writing proposals and closing deals with prospects and existing clients
- Strong negotiating skills
- Solid business and financial acumen
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a MS Windows based laptop and leverage business tools such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, WebEx/Zoom, CRM tools like SalesForce.com
- Strong cross-functional team player and ability to work in matrix environment
- Willingness to travel domestically, up to 50% of time
- Actions driven by sound strategic thinking
- Organized self-starter with a focus on results
- Internal and External selling and negotiating skills
- Organized multi-tasker
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting questdiagnostics.com/careers, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates to be interviewed.