Director, Business Process Engineering
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "World's Most Admired Companies," Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information, and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: D.G.X.) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the U.S., Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the U.S. with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions, and about one-third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country's leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine's Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America's Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron's 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (D.E.I.), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the U.S. Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 'Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality' in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2021 Corporate Equality Index (C.E.I.) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the C.E.O. Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information, and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing U.S. Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics' reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well-positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics' long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information, and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Director, Business Process Engineering, will play a vital role in the Business Technology Transformation Office to develop the integrated business processes for cross-functional Business and Functions within Quest Diagnostics. This strategic position is critical in bringing synergies between the IT and Business Subject Matter Experts for the Transformation key areas.
The primary function is to manage the integrated design activities for overlapping business functions and Operations. The role is accountable to oversee the definition of Business Analysis, Customer journey and process mapping, negotiating and influencing the improvement needs to streamline business flows, creating Business cases, and ensuring conditions for success to enable additional Business capabilities through Technology modernization programs.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Business Relationship Managers, Enterprise Architects, and other Transformation Office leaders to ensure the alignment of approaches for business process reengineering, process development/improvement, technology choices, and solution configuration.
• Coordinates the development of high-level "end-to-end" business scenarios that tell a simple story of how future state systems knit together, transform the Business, and realize the key strategies through measures of business outcomes.
• Participates in Customer Journey mapping exercises, facilitates finalization of Business requirements and associated Business cases with outcomes.
• Facilitates the resolution of business process gaps, overlaps, and disparities eliminating any solution design conflicts or omissions, and escalate as needed.
• Identifies and highlights the opportunities to streamline the Business workflows and discuss reengineering opportunities before the detailed design creation.
• Ensures HTAS solution design and delivery coordination, focusing on identifying and resolving process and data gaps across Transformation key areas.
• In collaboration with the Enterprise Architects, champions use the Enterprise Architecture tools like ARIS, Alphabet, etc., to define and document business process models, associated Business, and data architecture artifacts.
• The ability and bias to "seek to understand" and align disparate parties towards standard processes and sets of objectives.
• Experience with business strategy development and change management.
• Ability to simplify complex topics and explain the IT concepts to all business stakeholders.
• Ability to quickly build a broad network of business relationships and forge connections between the Business and technical Subject matter Experts.
• Experience in business analysis methods like Six Sigma and BPMN.
• Ability to define Minimum Viable Products and coordinate "proof of concept" for scaling them.
• Experience managing cloud migration strategy & design aspects.
• Applying lean and agile delivery methods.
• Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks and practices.
• Emotional Intelligence.
• Strong facilitation skills and statesmanship.
• Ability to challenge the status quo.
• Drives alignment through pragmatic and fact-based decision-making.
• Ability to quickly build trust with various stakeholders.
• Coaching and developing.
• Influencing and persuading skills for positive changes.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related fields.
• 10+ Years of playing roles in IT and/or Business focusing on process mapping, process reengineering, and delivering value with technology modernization programs.
• 5+ years of Business Process Modeling and reengineering before designing the technology modernization solutions.
• Knowledge and understanding of key business processes like Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Record to Report, etc.,
• Knowledge of Business Process mapping
• M.B.A. or other related Master's degree.
• Experience working within the medical laboratory or health care industry is a plus.
• The successful candidate can be based remotely/virtually anywhere within the Continental United States.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking "Job Search," and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.