Hilton is creating a best-in-class data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton's performance.
What will I be doing?
The newly formed Data Strategy and Governance Team supports key functions across the business by utilizing creative solutions to provide frictionless and timely access to high-quality, integrated data. The team consists of authorities in data governance, data quality, data integration, data modeling/architecture and BI reporting and dashboards.
Working with the Senior Director Data Management, the Director, Business Solution Architecture, will be responsible for identifying solutions and supporting decisions to implement complex data management and analytics projects including recommendations of optimal products and services, partners and suppliers, capabilities, and key business and technology initiatives that fully align with and help deliver on DNA's strategic goals and objectives, including Customer data solutions and Data Science.
A main focus of the role is to collaborate with all levels of the organization to understand objectives within DNA and the larger Hilton business and technology communities to develop solutions for execution of DNAs strategic initiatives using a repeatable path, cohesive framework and industry leading techniques. Define key capabilities, business architecture, and translate it them into technical requirements. In addition, you will work with development teams across the organization to devise solutions for key challenges or capabilities.
More specifically, you will:
- Initiate ideas for enterprise architecture strategy.
- Determine technical solutions for current and future state data and analytics products and services including complex use cases within Customer Master and Data Science, all while aligning with wider reference architecture and tech strategy.
- Apply a structured business architecture path and methodology for capturing the key views, capabilities of the enterprise.
- Identify key issues and opportunities that DNA is currently facing. This includes converting findings into solutions and business/technical requirements.
- Help drive technological or tech-related solutions to those issues including evaluation of third party solutions necessary to complete initiatives.
- Build architectural design of solutions based on requirements and in line with long term strategic objectives. Specifically, you will create a view of how those solutions are meant to function together as a whole.
- Convert requirements into the designed solution architecture, in a way which will surpass the problem at hand: the structure of solutions created should outlive the initial task and become a template or a blueprint for tackling all similar issues in the future.
- Socialize the architecture's benefits to the other development team members and leaders.
- Evolve the solution architecture based on project reviews and feedback received.
- Identify, evaluate, and manage third party vendors as necessary to complete initiatives.
- Recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies.
- Apply architectural principles to business solutions.
- Assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings as well as articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers, who are passionate about increasing market penetration in a dynamic industry and who love to combine their analytical skills with business shrewdness. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, validate technologies, and governance
- Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal, written), while employing diplomacy with high-level executives and customers within the organization on a global scale
- Strong collaborative account development and problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking and both quantitative and qualitative analytics skills with the capacity to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths/weakness of alternative and differentiated solutions, conclusions or methods to problem
- Strong negotiation skills in order to maximize value for internal and external partners
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work well under pressure and effectively handle concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Problem solver, solution seeker across variety of opinions
- Effective communicator, collaborator, and influencer
- Self-starter, well organized, extremely meticulous and confident teammate, willing to take ownership of responsibilities, and possess a high level of positive energy and drive
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Great teammate, with the ability to collaborate with peers effectively
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of experience with solution information architecture from concept through solution delivery with at least four (4) years of people leadership
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- Experience with Data Management, Big Data, Data Science initiatives and micro services
- Experience with AWS and other Big Data Architectures
- Strategic view on how data allows enterprise business purposes
- End-to-end understanding of the data flow process (from ingestion to consumption layer)
- Experience influencing leaders and high yielding teams
- Solid working experience with surrounding and supporting competences (data quality, master data management, meta-data management, data operations, BI/Data WH/Data Lake, and data architecture)
- Demonstrated leadership navigating complex organizations
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Two (2) years of experience working with Master Data Management and Metadata Management tools, including Informatica, Talend, Reltio, Databreak, Atiflow, Alteryx, Alation and other data management systems
- Functional experience in hospitality
- Business savvy, with the ability to see how the project is tied to the organization's overarching business goals
- BI development knowledge (Tableau, MicroStrategy)
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!