Hilton Supply Management (HSM) is the largest global hospitality focused organization that supports our brands, owners and operators. With 6 billion dollars of spend influence and over 2000 suppliers, this function has transformed the way supply chain and procurement adds value to the hospitality industry. HSM is a strong partner to all our brands, helping influence and drive programs with unique and distinctive products and services. HSM is proud of its diverse and talented team members around the world that also give back to the community by supporting aggressive sustainability, supplier diversity and responsible sourcing goals.
What will I be doing?
As the Director, Category Management, Hotel Operations (including Print), you will plan, organize, direct, and control the property operations and energy purchasing functions for all products within the categories across all Hilton brands. In this role, you will work closely with third party providers, brand teams, and hotels to ensure client satisfaction, and adhere to industry and brand standards. You will craft, implement and direct programs in support of HSM and Hilton's Corporate Sustainability goals and initiatives. You will develop purchasing strategies for property operations energy management, identifying key suppliers to further develop the spend categories.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop new or re-negotiate existing programs and effectively lead supplier relationships to ensure quality products and services are purchased at the lowest total cost and the best quality possible while adhering to Hilton brand standards.
- Act as a key liaison and subject matter expert by engaging, aligning and working collaboratively with owners, hotels, suppliers, HSM Field Operations team, and other partners to develop, test, and implement products.
- Lead the entire RFx process from conducting initial due diligence to finalizing contract negotiations in a cross-functional environment with applicable brands and other HSM departments. This includes validating supplier selection and performance through price benchmarking, auditing, conducting reference checks, etc.
- Effectively foster and develop collaborative relationships with suppliers, distributors, manufacturers, hotels, and other constituents. This involves providing extraordinary customer service to all internal and external partners.
- Maintain supplier and product data, including, but not limited to, electronic catalogs, product specifications, brand standards, contract information, and pricing.
- Forecast, achieve, and document cost savings/cost containment/cost avoidances through negotiations, bids, and innovative product rationalization.
- Assist corporate management in identifying hotels that are not following established purchasing programs and/or specifications.
- Develop new programs and/or renegotiate existing programs with distributors, suppliers, and manufacturers, through the use of cross-collaboration team work.
- Craft and deliver written reports for management, using a variety of software programs and tools (Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, etc.)
- Establish procedures and processes in relation to all aspects organizing and controlling property operations and energy procurement activities.
- Execute strategies and directions for procuring energy and energy management services, in collaboration with third party consultants, best suited for Owned, Managed and Franchised hotels. This inclusive of valuating efforts to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the suppliers, products and programs.
- Build and launch an execution plan to implement long-term goals for the Property Operations (including Print) and Energy category and programs that become the basis for short-term performance targets and annual operational planning.
- Lead a team, communicating organizational goals and objectives into performance standards for the team and individual roles. This includes providing mentorship and direction to team members in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving overall team goals.
- Steward the organization's mission, values, and goals and demonstrate leadership through ongoing and direct motivation, communication, and the productive management of group dynamics.
- Lead the performance management, training, talent development and mentoring of team members.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Self-starter, well-organized and willing to take ownership of responsibilities and possess a high level of positive energy and drive
- Expert analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to handle details through to completion and ensure deadlines are met
- Collaborative and organized teammate, who can build positive relationships and trust with direct reports and the greater team
- Effectively resolves conflict and handles all disputes in a swift and efficient manner
- Problem solving skills to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity
- Interpersonal communicators and networkers, who will positively influence Hilton's partners to communicate effectively at all levels and who can share relevant information in a clear, professional and concise manner
- Shown leadership experience, including coaching, mentoring and developing team members; delegating tasks and providing constructive feedback
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Ten (10) years of professional work experience
- Seven (7) years of purchasing, and/or procurement, and/or strategic sourcing experience
- Two (2) years' experience leading a team
- Travel - 15%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration
- Twelve (12) years of professional experience
- Ten (10) years of strategic sourcing and/or purchasing experience
- Five (5) years of management experience
- Licenses or certificates: CPSM, CPM, or CHA
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!