WaveMark Supply Management and Workflow Solutions is a managed services and SaaS solution enabling healthcare providers and manufacturers to effectively manage supplies with market-leading innovative technology. WaveMark leverages a portfolio of advanced hardware (e.g. RFID) and cloud-based software including an advanced analytics platform providing full visibility and control of all supplies from low cost commodities to high cost devices and implants. Our solution optimizes supply chain and clinical workflow processes to improve the patient experience and create operational clarity, freeing up clinicians and supply chain professionals to focus on patient care.
As Director of Commercial Analytics Product & Marketing Strategy within the Product Marketing and Strategy team, you will lead the analytics strategy, develop marketing plan and drive successful execution including go to market commercial model as well as portfolio strategy and product roadmap. You’ll help us deliver market-leading analytics applications and services to customers, drive standardization and profitability of our analytics products, and be a thought leader and resource within WaveMark and the broader Cardinal Health organization. You’ll make strong contributions to Cardinal Health’s top-line and bottom-line business success.
Accountabilities in this role
- Defines and leads the data & analytics product strategy and marketing plan in alignment with the overall business strategy.
- Conducts deep market assessments to uncover unmet needs, develop value proposition and define go to market strategy including pricing strategy, commercial model and product roadmap.
- Develops relationships with prospects, customers and strategic stakeholders to gather intelligence, develop and share the WaveMark analytics vision.
- Drives forward business goals via strong execution of technical deliverables and deep market knowledge.
- Manages the short term and long-term portfolio strategy for the analytics suite of products and works closely with the engineering and product management team to incorporate into the product roadmap and deliver to the market.
- Builds out the WaveMark cutting edge analytics product strategy including market input, thought leader input, requests/requirements, project sizing and sequencing, and design/evaluation and plan.
- In conjunction with the Product Management team, designs and implements the WaveMark Analytics operational model to support product/service launch, maintenance, release, lifecycle.
- Articulates WaveMark analytics suite strengths and positioning to customers, sales and marketing teams through market development and sales enablement tools including compelling product demonstrations, online seminars, and case studies/proof points, in conjunction with Marketing.
- Tracks and analyzes competitive activities and market developments to guide both commercial and development efforts, in conjunction with Marketing.
- Serves as an analytics expert and consultative resource for customers, marketing, sales and suppliers.
- Manages, hires and develops talent within the commercial analytics team.
- Makes strategic product/resource/investment decisions along with Engineering and business unit leadership.
- Supports development of product architectures, shared tools and Engineering improvements as it relates to the Analytics suite.
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers.
- Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships.
- This position requires an Advanced degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years’ experience in related fields (i.e. marketing, product management)
- Requires at least one of the following demonstrated experience sets: Technical analytics, business intelligence, data science, and/or outcomes research
- Healthcare IT experience a huge plus with emphasis on applied outcomes research. Or work in related segments surrounding supply chain, inventory management, or product utilization
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership, including stakeholder engagement with sales, marketing, operational and technical functions
- Stellar conceptualization skills – demonstrated ability to visualize complex concepts in a way that drives understanding and decision-making
- Stellar communication skills. Able to bring business and technical people together around clear product concepts, and motivate them to deliver whole, working solutions
- Agile experience: strong partnering with Engineering related to roadmap planning and strategy
- Demonstrated experience in hiring and developing talent
- Travel required – approximately 20-30% depending upon location
- Preferred work location – Concord, MA (Boston) office or Chicago office. Virtual office also considered but will require travel to office for core work events and workshops.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff may also manage front line supervisors
- Manages an organizational budget
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
- Assists in the development of functional strategy
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.