Director of Consumer Marketing
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2019 revenues of around $7.7 Billion and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 6 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information, and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Director of Consumer Marketing is responsible for leading marketing efforts for the Consumer channel, including development of marketing strategies and annual plan, incorporating insights from Executive Director, Consumer Marketing, Business Leaders, Clinical Franchises and Regions. S/He will report directly to the Executive Director, Consumer Marketing and will be based in the Secaucus, NJ, headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to drive awareness of Quest Diagnostics based on deep understanding of Consumer channel
- Lead marketing efforts for the Consumer channel, including development of marketing strategies and annual plan, incorporating insights from Executive Director, Consumer Marketing, Business Leaders, Clinical Franchises and Regions
- Advise Regional Consumer Leads on promotional strategies and tactics
- Maintain strong level of insight into the Consumer’s core business drivers
- Distill Consumer data and analytics into highly effective campaigns and other deliverables
- Provide voice of Consumer into the strategic planning process
- Have clear understanding of Consumer industry trends and drivers, as well as competitive landscape, to inform strategic marketing initiatives across target Consumer segments
- Develop and implement Consumer-specific strategic marketing plan including tactical programming recommendations and investment requirements to maximize opportunities for MROI
- Supervise and mentor team members and provide guidance and serve as thought leader for internal business partners
- Lead creative development and ideation and effectively package and present for buy-in
- Plan and execute campaigns related to new and existing products and solutions for new and emerging consumer channels
- Direct market research to keep abreast of trends and competitor’s marketing movements
- Control budgets and allocate resources across projects
• Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
• 5+ years healthcare industry experience preferred; minimum 10+ years success in a marketing role
• People leadership experience preferred
• Up to 50% business travel required
• Team oriented – ability to lead diverse, cross functional teams and in a matrix environment
• Excellent project leadership skills to ensure execution
• Superior communication skills including ability to deliver formal business presentations to executive leadership
• Initiative – ability to independently problem solve and find resolutions
• Superior strategic thinking and analytical skills to synthesize market/Consumer insights into prioritized marketing opportunities; Strong capabilities in analyzing data to demonstrate quantifiable opportunities or results
• Superior marketing capabilities to design marketing strategies and tactics to maximize opportunities
• Creativity; Decision Quality; Dealing with Ambiguity; Perspective; Strategic Agility
• Priority Setting; Planning; Directing Others; Delegation
• Command; Managerial Courage; Conflict Management; Confronting Direct Reports
• Perseverance; Action-Oriented; Drive for Results
• Presentation Skills; Comfort around higher management; Political Savvy
• Consumer Focus; Motivating Others; Negotiating; Composure; Dealing with Paradox
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.