The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
What will I be doing?
***The location for this position can be Dallas, TX or McLean, VA
Do you have a real passion for content and how it works? Are you a proven, dynamic leader who relishes the chance to bring both innovation and transformation? If this sounds like you, then you could be the newest member of the Global Marketing's Content Services team, which manages a core content ecosystem and set of services designed to create strategic content, conserve cost, and measure success across omni-channel customer experiences. As the Director of Content Management & Publishing, we will depend on you to set operational standards, processes and strategy to evolve a web-centric team into an omni-channel, cross-disciplinary publishing powerhouse. You will provide leadership for how content is created, managed, stored and distributed to customers. Critical to your success will be your ability to build strong relationships, advocate for content management and content strategy best practices and have a passion for delivering meaningful customer experiences.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead a global team of content professionals responsible for providing content design, content management, content strategy, and localization capabilities focused on high quality, efficient and timely delivery of services.
- Define next generation content skills and build a team that delivers on world-class content strategy, content design, and content management practices.
- Drive the use and adoption of an enterprise content management platform, create opportunities for content reusability, and establish content measurement best practices.
- Build partnerships with vendors and internal technology teams to ensure content tools are up-to-date, optimized and developed to deliver on business goals.
- Design and extend a system agnostic content model and taxonomy that will allow Marketing to tell great stories, using the best content Hilton has regardless of where it is stored.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with partners, understand their key priorities and work with the team to prioritize and ensure delivery of what is needed. This involves managing demand/capacity to ensure appropriate coverage of all functions while developing flexibility to balance changing needs.
- Implement continuous process improvement practices. Foster a culture of innovation and experimentation. This includes effectively leading the organization through change.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong leadership - able to inspire, encourage, and motivate a team
- Deep understanding of and a real passion for the content lifecycle and modern content management best standard methodologies and technologies
- Experience building a high performing team culture
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts in a simple, clear, and effective manner
- Decisive thinker willing to try new things and able to influence others to step out of their comfort zone
- High level of integrity and dedication
- Analytical skills that address root causes and motivate change in how teams work
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of professional experience
- Three (3) years of management experience
- Prior experience leading transformative initiatives in an enterprise environment
- Demonstrable and progressive leadership in content management, digital publishing and/or content strategy
- Expertise in process/workflow development, measurement and optimization
- Some travel required
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Experience managing managers and distributed teams
- Experience managing a headless CMS
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!